Join for free
Tezza
Kent
Tezza is male  Tezza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 10:47 PM

Re: Last to post wins

Or this one ❓
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
The story was that the farmer was being pig-headed and wouldn't budge thus causing the motorway to go either side of his farm. Actually, the farm is built on a geological rock fault which would have been too difficult to overcome so they built around it instead.

I wonder how the farm was allowed to be built on ground that was geologically faulty? Perhaps no one knew until they started surveying for roadworks.

Anyhow, this isn't the time or place to be having an almost sensible conversaton with a male, so this must stop!

BTW, I couldn't eat black pudding if you paid me.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Tezza ->
Or this one ❓

And you are as much help as a chocolate fireguard too, Tezza!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I wonder how the farm was allowed to be built on ground that was geologically faulty? Perhaps no one knew until they started surveying for roadworks.

Anyhow, this isn't the time or place to be having an almost sensible conversaton with a male, so this must stop!

BTW, I couldn't eat black pudding if you paid me.
It's a farm. No need to get the ground inspected, just get it built. It's a very old farm so they would have just put some foundations in and that would have been it. These old buildings (there's quite a few around here) are very warm and cosy due to having two-foot thick walls - pretty sound-proof too.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2019, 10:56 PM

Right. Time for a bit o supper and bed. Another day of fattening your purses for you ungrateful wimmin tomorrow.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

01-05-2019, 11:24 PM

It's a farm. No need to get the ground inspected, just get it built. It's a very old farm so they would have just put some foundations in and that would have been it. These old buildings (there's quite a few around here) are very warm and cosy due to having two-foot thick walls - pretty sound-proof too.

My Mum's house was like that, too. 2ft thick stone walls.
It was supposed to be over 300 years old according to church records. It was the village school many years ago, when the village was a fraction of the size it is today.
Still has the old bell tower on top to this day.

Regarding that farm, I'd be terrified my animals would get out onto the roads!

This all came about because a friend of mine was talking about selling up and going to Norfolk. I said maybe I'd go with her and we could look after each other in our dotage.

Or maybe I should go to Devon and keep an eye on Dongles, now that's a thought.

Hmm, Norfolk, Yorkshire, or Devon?

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

01-05-2019, 11:29 PM

Right. Time for a bit o supper and bed. Another day of fattening your purses for you ungrateful wimmin tomorrow.

Excellent news , Judsy.
Work hard, won't you, no slacking now.

Keep us in the way to which we are accustomed, ey.

P.S.
Looks like I'm in with a good chance of winning again tonight with all those dreadful males gone all feeble and worn out.
I will go and polish the trophy ready. . . .
Lorna
Uk
Lorna is female  Lorna has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 07:52 AM

As i creep about here i half expect someone to jump out & shout .....BOO !
Its quite eeerie this morn...not sure i want to stay....
KIDDIN! Here till lastest x
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Lorna ->
As i creep about here i half expect someone to jump out & shout .....BOO !
Its quite eeerie this morn...not sure i want to stay....
KIDDIN! Here till lastest x
You are welcome here anytime Lorna, especially if you help us to keep the men under control!
Lorna
Uk
Lorna is female  Lorna has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
You are welcome here anytime Lorna, especially if you help us to keep the men under control!
Thanks Twink,
Whip at the ready for any men that wander thissaway...

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top