Join for free
Page 20 of 28 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 > Last »
senile1
Virginia,USA
senile1 is male  senile1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2016, 01:59 AM

Re: Is there an after life?

Originally Posted by Realist ->
The expression "mortal man" suggests that you believe there must be "immortal man". Care to clarify?
Excellent question, man himself, in his physical existence is mortal, whilst his spirit is immortal. Now before you may question how I know this, my answer for this and any question involving an afterlife and/or a Deity, tis about faith and purely theoretical, my friend.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2016, 12:45 PM

Is there a "Before" Life?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2016, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by senile1 ->
Excellent question, man himself, in his physical existence is mortal, whilst his spirit is immortal. Now before you may question how I know this, my answer for this and any question involving an afterlife and/or a Deity, tis about faith and purely theoretical, my friend.
The good thing for those who believe in an afterlife is that once they're dead they'll never know that they were wrong!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2016, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
The good thing for those who believe in an afterlife is that once they're dead they'll never know that they were wrong!
Hi

That is so, so true JBR.

However those who don't believe in an afterlife will soon find out if they wrong.

Mind you, I would hate to be right about there being an afterlife and suddenly arrive in front of Allah.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 06:39 AM

We he is supposed to be all merciful!
I don't believe in an after life but I hope with all my heart that I am wrong.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2016, 06:00 PM

The irony is that fundies (fundamentalist christians, muslims, whatever) tell us not only that there is an afterlife but that most of us are unlikely to enjoy it because we did not believe during this life ???

The question about whether there is a "before life" is a good one.
Karma and reincarnation seem to me to be more just and appealing than the others - but equally unlikely.
veganchick
United Kingdom
veganchick is female  veganchick has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2016, 08:42 AM

Why do people ask such questions when most do not believe in such things? Is it arguement for arguments sake or wanting to ridicule those whose beliefs differ from theirs?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2016, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by veganchick ->
Why do people ask such questions when most do not believe in such things? Is it arguement for arguments sake or wanting to ridicule those whose beliefs differ from theirs?
VC 'Is there an after life?' is a perfectly valid question to ask on here . People are free to ask whatever questions they choose as long as they are within the law, if you don't like the question ignore it.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2016, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by veganchick ->
Why do people ask such questions when most do not believe in such things?
Is it argument for arguments sake or wanting to ridicule those whose beliefs differ from theirs?
If you really believe that, a valid question might be
"Why did you choose to revive a thread which had had no action for six months" ?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2016, 06:53 PM

Okay. Is there an afterlife? Nobody knows, even if they want to preach that they do, they do not. Until they die and then maybe something extracurricular happens. Until then, nobody knows and that is it. Fact.

Page 20 of 28 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top