Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2012, 08:55 PM

Re: Jealousy.

I admire your honesty Rena. And from what you say it must have been a real torment to you for a long time.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2012, 12:24 PM

What really brought this to my mind was talking to the wife about old times and one time in particular, remembered by my wife not me (Don't women ever forget?). It was about 25 years ago and we were at the annual dinner dance of the local residence association. I would like to point out at this stage that I have never been unfaithful to my wife in my life, I'm not that kind of a man, one woman is enough to contend with in ones lifetime as far as
I'm concerned. I'd had a few jars and was paying more attention to the busty barmaid then I should be, but I was only trying to be friendly as it was her first week in the job, make her feel at home in my local if you like. When I eventually sat down beside the wife and her sisters three, she threw me a look that would turn milk sour, this went on for the rest of the night, she even started dancing with every Tom, dick, and Harry, (Harry being the milkman, by the way.) but I didn't notice, she loved dancing and she was enjoying herself as far as I was concerned and that was fine by me.
Come bedtime and she was already installed by the time I got in, she had her long smooth back turned to me with the invisible sign, "Don't even think about it." written on it.
She cooled off later the next day realising how foolish she'd been.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2012, 02:47 PM

I think that I would have done more than turn my back on you
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2012, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I must admit I felt strong jealousy because of my husband's first wife. When I met him they were already separated, but even though they had parted I felt her presence in our relationship. I felt a need to remove every trace of her in his life and I harboured dark thoughts of posting mice through her letterbox at one point (absolutely true ). I suppose the feelings were an indication of my not feeling secure and safe. She had had him first and he had loved her first when he was younger. In some undefined way I thought she could intrude on our lives. Even though she didn't know who I was and passed me in the town without recognition, I knew who she was and whenever I saw her I was jealous. Looking back it was irrational, but once I had been with him longer than she had I realised that she didn't have any affect on us and I got over it.
I never felt jealous of my husband's first wife even when he went to spend Christmas at his old home to be with his children . I did feel sad and lonely at times .

I didn't feel jealous knowing she lived in a 5 bedroom house with a gardener while we struggled to afford a one bedroom flat .
He left her 7 years before he met me and I admired his loyalty to his children. I never felt jealious because I had the ultimate prize I got the man and he had chosen me a mouse like creature over her a model
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2012, 07:41 AM

Surely if you feel jealousy in a marriage then you do not fully trust your OH and is that not what good marriages built on?Trust,

I have never had any reason to be jealous of she who must be obeyed and I have never given her cause to be.
If, she who must be obeyed, was the last female on earth I would trust her implicitly.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2012, 08:50 AM

And I trust my OH implicitly AB, in all things not just fidelity. We have spent the last 45 years together. Both of us went into our relationship with "baggage" as we had both come out of disasterous marriages. I married very young the first time, against all advice. My first husband is now on his 4th marriage (and the only thing I can say is that at least he marries them). I think past failure makes a lot of people (including me) very careful in relationships, although not all of us are the same.
skinnyliz
New Member!
london
skinnyliz is female 

16-05-2012, 10:45 AM

When I grew up it was at a time when money,wages ,shopping lists were stable and everyone was in the same boat, so no envy for anyone. material possessions have never made me jealous of another, I can admire them but never felt jealous of them. Parents washed and fed usm clean home, but no affection or closeness so I have never felt any emotions at all. I feel I have lost a lot in life because of it. For instance any man I went out with who walked off after a quarrel would have to walk back I would never go after him. I don't recall feeling love, why so many men wanted me I have no ides, unless it was to try and penetrate this ice cold exterior, never happened.I therefore feel cheated that I never loved another, feel lost out when I read of others happiness with a partner. Sad really.
ragman
yorkshire
ragman is male 

16-05-2012, 11:11 AM

yours is a very sad story skinnyliz ,never to have felt the emotions of being madly in love with someone , very unusual not to at least have had one love affair at least , when my first wife left me i was terribly jealous of her new man , i could have harmed the guy but im glad now i never went near him but the emotion and jealousy were very strong inside me for a long time , i have remarried now and im happy with her but i still sometimes think about my first wife and her guy , i am still jealous of him being with her , this is after thirty years ,
skinnyliz
New Member!
london
skinnyliz is female 

17-05-2012, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by ragman ->
yours is a very sad story skinnyliz ,never to have felt the emotions of being madly in love with someone , very unusual not to at least have had one love affair at least , when my first wife left me i was terribly jealous of her new man , i could have harmed the guy but im glad now i never went near him but the emotion and jealousy were very strong inside me for a long time , i have remarried now and im happy with her but i still sometimes think about my first wife and her guy , i am still jealous of him being with her , this is after thirty years ,
Sorry to read this, harbouring that jealousy still after all this time but it is the same as any other emotion, never goes away, can try and push it to the back of the mind but a single thought brings it all back. Glad you remarried and have been very happy, good comes out of bad, but memories never go.
ragman
yorkshire
ragman is male 

17-05-2012, 07:04 PM

i still feel the same about the guy as i did thirty years ago , it spoils family gatherings such as weddings as i will not be in the same room as this guy ,
crazy i know but i cant forgive him for stealing my true love , they say that time heals but im my case it has not altered my mind about him ,

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top