Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2012, 08:08 PM

Re: Workmen not turning up

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
So Annie are you busy next week?
Would take me at least at week to relocate across the pond!

But if you have any questions on insulating attics, walls or basements feel free to ask!
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2012, 09:31 PM

Thank you so much. We just want to get our car port covered so that we can grow some tomatos and peppers in it. We have finished the bathroom now only the car port to go.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2012, 09:55 PM

Thank you so much. We just want to get our car port covered so that we can grow some tomatos and peppers in it. We have finished the bathroom now only the car port to go.
Are you turning the car port into a greenhouse or hot house?
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2012, 11:55 PM

a green house, with an automatic watering system.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2012, 12:50 AM

Cate, as you know I'm in Wigan, and I've worked for the same company of electricians for 28 years now. Charging £60 for 2(?) electricians really isn't that bad because, like most companies they have got to charge by the hour and not the minute. However, to send more than one electrician for a job taking only 20 minutes, I would most definitely query that. Can you explain to me exactly what they did? If it was a good firm, they would have left you with a Service Report Sheet of some kind to outline the job(s) they carried out.

We pride ourselves on our prompt action, most especially with emergencies.

For instance, yesterday a good customer rang up in a panic at 3.45 needing an electrician because all the lighting was off in a shared accommodation which her company owns. I suggested the lights could have tripped at the consumer unit which needed to be switched back on (it's happened to me at my home) and it could be a simple matter like that. Because our electricians are all over the place and finish at 4.30, and rarely in Wigan itself, I pulled out the stops to get someone to the premises, secured an electrician who had to pack up what he was doing but, before he set off, the customer rang back to say that one of the tenants had had a "figgle" and the lighting was back on again.

The point I'm making is that, if our electrician had gone from the job he was doing to attend the "emergency" taking him five minutes, they would have been charged for a full hour.

I absolutely hate it when people don't turn up when they've promised, making poor excuses. We would always ring a customer if there was a genuine emergency like a factory shut-down or something like that to explain and not just leave them hanging around. That is bad practice.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2012, 09:44 AM

a green house, with an automatic watering system.
Ooohhh Cate darlin' - are they REALLY tomatoes or are they the variety you roll and smoke???
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

09-03-2012, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Ooohhh Cate darlin' - are they REALLY tomatoes or are they the variety you roll and smoke???
Uncle Joe don't even go there. A good friend of ours spent a lot of money putting computers throughout his warehouse. The electrician who finally ripped him off said that he was probably going to grow weed.

a few weeks later he was broken into and obviously because they couldn't find anything destroyed his computers. You don't need me to tell you that throw away lines or loose lips cause so much trouble but they do.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2012, 03:10 PM

Cate darlin' - that's why I put the smileys at the end of post - I was kidding!!!
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

09-03-2012, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Cate darlin' - that's why I put the smileys at the end of post - I was kidding!!!
I'm sure the electrician would have said exactly the same thing.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada

09-03-2012, 07:49 PM

Cate, are you replacing the car port roof with glass panes then? I'd be interested in pics if you take any while the work is going on.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top