Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2012, 05:10 PM

Re: Do You Believe Or Not Believe in UFOs?

Originally Posted by Bonny ->
What I have to say also about this subject is strange as some may think and please remember this is only my opinion and we are all entitled to that....I find it easier to believe in certain things regarding this subject than certain thing's written in the Bible and of religious beliefs.Still we all think different....thank goodness.
We do indeed Bonny and long may it be so.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2012, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bonny ->
Well that little boy in Home Alone was!!!!
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2012, 06:33 PM

Do aliens exist? The probability is almost overwhelming yes, even if the aliens are just microbes. Are there alien civilisations? Again, I would be the first to say yes. Given the size of the universe, the mathematical odds are astronomical. I even took part of the SETI project using my PC to analyse data blocks of recorded radio background emissions to search for anything regarded as intelligent (which anyone can do).

But I am not a believer that they are actually here, flying sourcers, abductions, time travel from the future or anything cooked up as a result of watching too many SciFi films, or attention seekers looking to make a quick buck by making up so-called conspiracies, including "psychics", supernatural or whatever. There is no evidence to support any of this and cannot even be regarded as science, let alone fact, because all of this "paranormal" stuff never stands up to any form of scientific study.

Usually, its all made up and/or distorted to make someone sell a book and make a profit from it. Someone actually made a religion out of it (no prizes for guessing who) and a lot of money in the process in getting people to believe and worship these so-called "aliens".

Moral of the story is: if you take the most absurd ridiculous idea, make it as bizarre as possible and coat it in fancy conspiracy theories to make it sound plausible - you can get anyone to believe anything...and people will pay to believe it.
Bonny
UK
Bonny is female  Bonny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2012, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Graham ->
Do aliens exist? The probability is almost overwhelming yes, even if the aliens are just microbes. Are there alien civilisations? Again, I would be the first to say yes. Given the size of the universe, the mathematical odds are astronomical. I even took part of the SETI project using my PC to analyse data blocks of recorded radio background emissions to search for anything regarded as intelligent (which anyone can do).

But I am not a believer that they are actually here, flying sourcers, abductions, time travel from the future or anything cooked up as a result of watching too many SciFi films, or attention seekers looking to make a quick buck by making up so-called conspiracies, including "psychics", supernatural or whatever. There is no evidence to support any of this and cannot even be regarded as science, let alone fact, because all of this "paranormal" stuff never stands up to any form of scientific study.

Code:
Usually, its all made up and/or distorted to make someone sell a book and make a profit from it. Someone actually made a religion out of it (no prizes for guessing who) and a lot of money in the process in getting people to believe and worship these so-called "aliens".
Moral of the story is: if you take the most absurd ridiculous idea, make it as bizarre as possible and coat it in fancy conspiracy theories to make it sound plausible - you can get anyone to believe anything...and people will pay to believe it.
I totally agree with that paragraph Graham and alot of what you say in this Post.However I had a "paranormal" experience once which I can promise you was very real .Make no mistake I questioned certain things that happened myself and to this day can't exlplain certain happenings.Whatever it was as I have said before I would give everything I own to be back in that place mentally.I don't talk about exactly what happened as some things you just share with your inner self and being ridiculed is not my favourite past time especially when you know that experience was real.
I thankyou so much for your very interesting post Graham.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2012, 09:57 PM

I hope for those who have not seen any ufo they will in there life time
Bonny
UK
Bonny is female  Bonny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2012, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by pixie ->
I hope for those who have not seen any ufo they will in there life time
I doubt many will babe but a nice thought.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2012, 10:26 PM

I like to keep an open mind. I believe we are not the only ones to occupy one planet amongst a vast universe. The unknown, in my opinion, is the un-known.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top