Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 05:49 PM

Re: Ever Thought Of Writing a Book?

Originally Posted by carol ->
I read your first chapter - remember Jazzi?

I definitely think it's one for publishing. (If you ever finish it)
Gosh, did you? I know a couple of people did.
Thanks, Carol. I’m too busy reading other authors’ books right now. Too lazy.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 07:12 PM

I’m thinking of writing a sex book based on my life story
just got blank pages so far
and I’m halfway through
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by paula ->
when my grandchildren were small I wrote a dozen books for them, and printed them on the computer made covers for them, there were only 10 or 12 pages in them, just stories that I used to make up for them. as far as I know they still have them..
The only time I wrote a children's book the publisher rejected it for three reasons.

1. The grammar and syntax were too good - a modern child would not cope with that.

2. It had a Dragon - apparently modern children don't believe in Dragons any more.

3. I had illustrated it with photos embedded in the text and their printer people could not cope with that!

Given that my proof readers were all 6 - 7 year olds - and loved it - I gave up!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 07:26 PM

Nope, just not my thing. It would be a disaster from start to finish.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
The only time I wrote a children's book the publisher rejected it for three reasons.

1. The grammar and syntax were too good - a modern child would not cope with that.

2. It had a Dragon - apparently modern children don't believe in Dragons any more.

3. I had illustrated it with photos embedded in the text and their printer people could not cope with that!

Given that my proof readers were all 6 - 7 year olds - and loved it - I gave up!
Should’ve given the dragon a laptop or iPhone, they’d believe it then
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Should’ve given the dragon a laptop or iPhone, they’d believe it then
I'll rewrite it at once!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 08:50 PM

I used to attend Creative Writing classes where l preferred to write short stories. I could probably have a go writing a book with another person as l think it’s good to bounce ideas off each other and inspire each other. I don’t think l could do it on my own.
I once wrote a short story that the tutor at my classes encouraged me to send off to a writing competition but l didn’t win!
A few of my other stories were taken by an American student at Warwick University. I don’t know what she did with them but she said would l mind if they were used in a university magazine.
Jane10
United Kingdom
Jane10 is female 

11-02-2021, 10:00 PM

I've had two published novels which I enjoyed writing and was very lucky with. I also write short stories for ladies magazines. Don't talk about or think about it - just do it! You might surprise yourself. I certainly did.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 10:41 PM

I've often thought about writing my biography.
I wish my Mum and Dad would have written theirs because since they passed away in 2009 I realise how little I actually know about them, and they are not here to ask anymore.

I think my daughter and granddaughters would appreciate reading about my life in the fifties, sixties and beyond. Other than family members I don't suppose anyone would buy a copy because I'm not famous or anything, so it wouldn't need to be perfect, just interesting enough to keep the reader's attention until the end...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 11:26 PM

I've written several diaries over the years!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top