Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 10:21 PM

Re: secrets of coronavirus

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I think that’s the case in most care homes LQ, in the early days there was confusion over what to do, I could tell you some things that happened in the care home where I work, I think when this is all finally over, the press and the legal profession are going to have a field day
Incidentally, did you know that members of the care profession don’t get paid ( except ssp) if they are sent home to self isolate?
Yes Primy, I remember back in April, one of my other carer friends ringing me horrified that they were bringing covid patients back to the care home and they were dying.

As for the not getting paid for being in isolation my friend had told me this too, it's utterly disgusting and high time carers were treated like the dedicated angels they are.

The carers are the forgotten soldiers in all this covid business. We hear about NHS all the time but rarely the carers who work for a pittance as it is.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 10:29 PM

According to Boris, one million people have Covid at the moment, does that mean, those million don't need the vaccine when they recover, just checking the numbers.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 10:39 PM

Yes when you go to the supermarket you see discounts for nhs workers and teachers yet nothing for those who work in care, they are the forgotten front line, they’re the people who are looking after your loved ones, yet many are on minimum wage..whilst the care home owners are raking in millions..
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
According to Boris, one million people have Covid at the moment, does that mean, those million don't need the vaccine when they recover, just checking the numbers.
I think the GP surgeries have a big enough job on their hands phoning all their patients and timing the appointments for vaccinations, organising them etc etc. I'd doubt they'd cope with checking who had and who had not had covid.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 10:43 PM

The database should do that.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 11:21 PM

Did you spot the (deliberate?) mistake on the news graph....that states that one in fifty people are walking around with covid.....ESTIMATED? How would they know that. Today there were 50,000 people with positive covid tests.....One in fifty people means that 1,360,000 people have covid...Perhaps one in fifty in London, but not anywhere else, that's borax!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

05-01-2021, 11:24 PM

Can't be bothered with the specifics, its a waiting game.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top