Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 03:59 PM

Re: A letter to 'The Occupier'

I don't open anything that is addressed to 'The Occupier' that instantly alerts me it is junk mail and it goes straight from the doormat into the recycling bin .
I consider such letters to be an invasion of my privacy.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I don't open anything that is addressed to 'The Occupier' that instantly alerts me it is junk mail and it goes straight from the doormat into the recycling bin .
I consider such letters to be an invasion of my privacy.
DD mail ditto. Doormat to Dustbin.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 04:09 PM

Yes Mups some of them just ignore the sign....I used to see them usually a Saturday morning walking past my window.....there was always 3 of them ,they'd look in on the way past as they went on to the end of the street then knocked on the doors on their way back , if they ignored the sign, I still sat and looked out at them, ignoring them also....
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 04:12 PM

Any mail in my box addressed to "Occupant at" or "Current Resident" can't be that important for me to open the envelope, especially when you can see the return address in the upper left hand corner. Mostly it is advertisements hoping you will consider purchasing a product, even selling religion.

Trash recycle bin for the "Unlucky Sender".
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 04:22 PM

I politely tell them that I am Christian and decline their offer to look at the publications they’re peddling to earn a spot in Heaven. But, I must admit, this new approach is sneaky but at least I have the option to toss it in the bin without having to be impolite since I don’t particularly enjoy it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
So how about that new way of Jehova's Witnesses trying to persuade us to join them then?
No doubt you will all be getting your letters in due course.
If I should get one of those letters I shall respond in the usual way, by informing them that I am a Satanist and inviting them to join my small, but select, congregation.
We meet weekly on a Friday evening at 11pm and our meetings go on for approximately one hour.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 04:40 PM

I just smile say I am a believer ( I’m not ) and off they go .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
If I should get one of those letters I shall respond in the usual way, by informing them that I am a Satanist and inviting them to join my small, but select, congregation.
We meet weekly on a Friday evening at 11pm and our meetings go on for approximately one hour.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I have never understood why Jehovas do this in the first place.
Aren't they same ones you sometimes hear spouting on the street corners too?

I have never, ever seen a Vicar from C of E, or any other religion come to that, behave in such a way.

The little church I have sometimes attended in the past, would never dream of door knocking to try and convert anyone.
I would imagine that sort of behaviour more likely to put people off than convert them!

I have yet to understand how any human beings, can convert you into believing in God, I haven’t a clue, 😂🤣........how they do it!😂
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2021, 05:21 PM

There's a joke somewhere in the, er, joke section of the forum in which (to precis) a Jehovah's Witness is invited in, offered a cuppa and some cake, and when the house owner asks "so, please tell me more about it", the Witness replies "I can't, I've never got this far before".

Anyway, when confronted by such people, I tend to thank them, but no thanks.

As a second part to Pauline's point, I wonder what the success rate actually is. After all, some people fall for the spam and scam stuff via phone and emails. Presumably cold calling about religions will and does work.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top