Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 03:01 PM

Re: Oldest Rocker in Town

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Did anybody see Chuck Berry tonight on the box?
Still rocking at the grand old age of 85, his son played in the same band.
A lot of memories came flooding back for me, how about you?
I wish I had known it was on Wrinkly. Always have been a fan of Chuck Berry, sweaty or not. Preferred him to Jerry Lee Lewis - much better sense of humour and a far more talented musician. Happy to know he is still performing at 85.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I wish I had known it was on Wrinkly. Always have been a fan of Chuck Berry, sweaty or not. Preferred him to Jerry Lee Lewis - much better sense of humour and a far more talented musician. Happy to know he is still performing at 85.
I am just a lover of music, no matter where it comes from, but obviously my preference is the rock and roll era.
If I see anything like this advertised I will post it.
I was brought up on Billy Cotton, Victor Sylvester and Edmundo Ros, who incidentally died recently at the grand old age of 100 one week before he was 101 birthday link : ----Edmundo_Ros
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
I am just a lover of music, no matter where it comes from, but obviously my preference is the rock and roll era.
If I see anything like this advertised I will post it.
I was brought up on Billy Cotton, Victor Sylvester and Edmundo Ros, who incidentally died recently at the grand old age of 100 one week before he was 101 birthday link : ----Edmundo_Ros
Funny the silly things we remember, especially programmes which were on the radio.
Billy Cotton always reminded me of my grandad and roast beef and yorkshire pudding because Billy Cotton's Bandshow always seemed to be on the radio on Sunday lunch time. Wakey Wakey.
For some vague reason I always think of Edmundo Ros and Scarborough - don't know why.
Victor Sylvester always makes me think of the quickstep - my mum liked his music and was always trying to make my dad do the quickstep, but he couldn't dance to save his life.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 07:54 PM

Chuck Berry is a good old rocker, but I'm amazed that he's still going in his mid 80's, Johnny B Goode is one of my all time favourites from my Palais days....
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

02-01-2012, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Chuck Berry is a good old rocker, but I'm amazed that he's still going in his mid 80's, Johnny B Goode is one of my all time favourites from my Palais days....
Would that be the Nottingham Palais de Dance Barry

Maybellene and Brown Eyed Handsome Man I like and, of course, who wouldn't laugh when he sang his cheeky My Ding a Ling. Great stuff.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Would that be the Nottingham Palais de Dance Barry
No Rena it was the Mansfield Palais de Dance, couldn't afford the bus fare to Nottingham...
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 09:11 PM

Status Quo are my Favourites...they've not been around as long as some of the others but well on their way and still Rockin all Over the World lol.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

02-01-2012, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
No Rena it was the Mansfield Palais de Dance, couldn't afford the bus fare to Nottingham...
Sheffield was my stamping ground Barry, The Azena in Gleadless, The Esquire on Leadmill Street, Pete Stringfellow's on High Street - but if we missed the last bus home I was in bother as home was about 8 miles away. Always a dash at the last minute.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 10:52 PM

Can we put a youtube link in the forum?
I would do it like with a link like this :---
Youtube Johnny B.Goode
He still uses the same guitar today.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2012, 12:45 AM

Johnny B Goode was one of my favourites as well.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top