Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 10:27 AM

Re: Attn Artful Todger

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Hi Todge

It has been bothering me about a comment I said on the thread about the delivery man not helping that disabled lady.
I called you selfish and a hard man and some other stuff and I would like to apologize because I had no right to speak to you like that.

You are who you are, what right do I have to try tell you to be anything other than true to yourself.

We are all different in our views on things and you have a right to your view whether I or anyone else likes it.

If your loved ones love you then thats all that matters, what I think about a comment that you make doesn't matter, but then I know you already know this and from what I have seen of you around the forum my comment wouldn't have phased you in the slightest but I still wanted to apologise.

I hope you will accept apology. It still doesn't mean I like what you said though

Sorry again.
Thanks very much - but I really didn't take offence because I recognise that compared to most folk I AM as you describe.

It's not a thing that I take particular pride in and there's no doubt that I'm VERY much in the minority especially here and more than once have questioned if I should just quietly disappear. All I do is express a minority viewpoint.

But thanks so very much for this message, it was nice to read first thing in the morning!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 10:33 AM

Well it’s a good job you wont both be able to kiss and hug over it.
It’s not advisable at this moment in time!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I don’t understand? Why wasn’t this apology sent in a private message?
I hope The Artful Todger likes all this publicity and the attention drawn to him.
I hope he does too, after all its positive attention! If I choose to make a public apology that's my perogative! I don't have to explain myself. I thought I w as doing the decent thing but then someone comes along and questions my motive? Does it even matter?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 10:46 AM

Hi Todge

It has been bothering me about a comment I said on the thread about the delivery man not helping that disabled lady.
I called you selfish and a hard man and some other stuff and I would like to apologize because I had no right to speak to you like that.

You are who you are, what right do I have to try tell you to be anything other than true to yourself.

We are all different in our views on things and you have a right to your view whether I or anyone else likes it.

If your loved ones love you then thats all that matters, what I think about a comment that you make doesn't matter, but then I know you already know this and from what I have seen of you around the forum my comment wouldn't have phased you in the slightest but I still wanted to apologise.

I hope you will accept apology. It still doesn't mean I like what you said though

Sorry again.
Fair play to you, young lady. But what he posted was inaccurate.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Thanks very much - but I really didn't take offence because I recognise that compared to most folk I AM as you describe.

It's not a thing that I take particular pride in and there's no doubt that I'm VERY much in the minority especially here and more than once have questioned if I should just quietly disappear. All I do is express a minority viewpoint.

But thanks so very much for this message, it was nice to read first thing in the morning!
Don't even think of leaving, it makes for an interesting forum when we have differing opinions.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2020, 10:47 AM

I hope he does too, after all its positive attention! If I choose to make a public apology that's my perogative! I don't have to explain myself. I thought I w as doing the decent thing but then someone comes along and questions my motive? Does it even matter?

LQ, l mentioned it, as l presumed it was against the forum rules to discuss another member.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

13-03-2020, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Fair play to you, young lady. But what he posted was inaccurate.
Maybe so bes but I still had no right to get snotty with him, when I read back my response it looked like I was attacking him.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

13-03-2020, 10:51 AM

Maybe so bes but I still had no right to get snotty with him, when I read back my response it looked like I was attacking him.

So why didn’t you ask for your offending post to be removed? It’s still up there for the world to see.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

13-03-2020, 10:51 AM

LQ, l mentioned it, as l presumed it was against the forum rules to discuss another member.
I was talking To At, I wasn't discussing him behind his back? Bloody hell If I broke the rules I'm sorry for that too. Think I need to go about my day before I get myself in more bother
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

13-03-2020, 10:55 AM

So why didn’t you ask for your offending post to be removed? It’s still up there for the world to see.
Stop questioning me please. I wasn't aware I had offended anyone? What the hell? You know what art, there is too much shite going on in the world right now as it is without me wasting my time trying to explain myself to you about something that I thought I was being a decent person admitting my wrong doing or what I saw as wrong. Good day to you

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top