Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 10:46 AM

Re: Passengers

Good film, you have good taste in films
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 12:55 PM

I also saw it in the cinema when it first came out. I'm a fan of SF, so this was a thoughtful and original movie. Thought the mechanical barman Michael Sheen was a brilliant idea.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
Dam and blast.. I missed it as I did intend to watch it.
But I feel sure I can find it somewhere on Netflix or other places.
Last night was the `premier` showing on Film 4 so you can bet your life it will be repeated very soon and very often.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
I also saw it in the cinema when it first came out. I'm a fan of SF, so this was a thoughtful and original movie. Thought the mechanical barman Michael Sheen was a brilliant idea.
So did I. He suited the part well.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 01:03 PM

I really enjoyed Passengers. Great actors, and I thought Michael Sheen really nailed it as the robot (cyborg? android?) barman.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
I'm glad I saw it on the big screen first John.....
I loved those little vacuum cleaner robots, Mrs Fox has been searching the net for one.....
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Went to see this at the cinema when it first came out Judd.
Mrs Fox accompanied me under duress, she doesn't like Science Fiction, but I was surprised to hear that she really enjoyed it.

It rates very high on my list of all time favourite films....Brilliant.

I had to accompany her to see 'La La Land' after this.....Payback time......
You had to accompany her to watch La La Land!!! oh my your wife is evil lol
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 04:57 PM

I managed to find it on 4more, and watched it this morning. But it said that this is the first episode. I feel sure that I saw the ending of this episode or complete film if that is so, where it was 88 years later.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2020, 06:04 PM

What is interesting about the movie is that so called expert movie critics panned the movie. It got terrible reviews from movie critics but yet when you talk to movie goers who paid to watch it at the cinema or those who have seen it on TV when it was released, the opinions of the movie are the complete polar opposite.

I've seen the movie and thought it was a good movie.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

08-03-2020, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
What is interesting about the movie is that so called expert movie critics panned the movie. It got terrible reviews from movie critics but yet when you talk to movie goers who paid to watch it at the cinema or those who have seen it on TV when it was released, the opinions of the movie are the complete polar opposite.

I've seen the movie and thought it was a good movie.
That's why I don't pay a blind bit of attention to critics, would much rather make my own assessment of a film. The Blair Witch project is a case in point. A so-called `absolutely terrifying horror film' much lauded and raved over film by critics but I found it to be a total load of shite.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top