Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 09:23 PM

Re: Don't like to be pessimistic but . . .

So Rose … shaved her legs, then he was a she saying hey babe take a walk on the wild side, hey honey take a walk on the wild side .. and the coloured girls go doo do doo do doo do do doo..
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 09:47 PM

Hi

His money, his life, if it makes him happy.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I have just been reading about a 71 year old man who has been married EIGHT times already, and has just proposed to wifey number NINE - and she accepted.

He has met his new beloved on the internet. She is in Ghana, and is 30 years old. They have never set eyes on each other.

He says - " I know Rose is the one. It doesn't matter that we haven't met as I can tell we are the perfect match.
"Age is just numbers and I don't care that she is more than half my age.
"She is deeply in love with me and I am with her."

Regarding all his other marriages he says - "Each time something has gone wrong, but it hasn't deterred me looking for love and I'm clearly not good on my own."

He finishes up by saying - "She doesn't ask me for anything, but I have given her a few pounds for her Gran."

So when you look at this again -

He has never set eyes on her.
He is over twice her age.
He has had eight marriages already.
She wants to come to this country for work.
She has accepted money for ' her ageing Gran.'
It doesn't bother her she is bride no. 9.

So I've got to ask . . . what do you think their chances are of a long and happy marriage?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...an-71-20920150

I don’t understand how she can come to the UK at all.
I thought that spousal wheeze had gone.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 10:16 PM

If They haven't set eyes on one another,how does He know SHE isn't a HE
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I don’t understand how she can come to the UK at all.
I thought that spousal wheeze had gone.
Correct My son is having to jump through legal hoops to get his wife over here. It will take at least 6 months at least as he has been in Brazil for the last 10 years.
that 6 months he has to have been in work and earning about £20,000 a year. That is just the start. not only that but capital behind him and somewhere to live.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 11:35 PM

It seems to take two, of the opposite sex, to be totally bonkers, several times over.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 11:46 PM

These arrangements seem to be business deals of sort and I guess that is what a marriage used to be before Jane Austen gave everyone too many romantic ideas.

A neighbour did this, only his wife was Thai. He spent a couple of years wrangling with the home office. Then sold his house and moved to Thailand. He was incredibly annoyed that she couldn't stay here legally despite the marriage. I am not sure he was that happy. She was much younger too. I remember seeing them arguing in the street.

I also worked with someone in his thirites who had a mail order bride from an African country. He wasn't much of a looker, so I guess it was a good way for him to pair up. I'm not sure how it worked out. He was spending months trying to sort out her journey to Britain and he was really excited about it.

I also had a cooker installed by yet another guy who had married a much younger African bride but he was planning to move over there eventually and set up a charity. He was very religious and he didn't see a future in this country. Said it was too materialistic here and people were much nicer in Africa.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2019, 06:47 PM

Quid pro quo.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2019, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I have just been reading about a 71 year old man who has been married EIGHT times already, and has just proposed to wifey number NINE - and she accepted.

He has met his new beloved on the internet. She is in Ghana, and is 30 years old. They have never set eyes on each other.

He says - " I know Rose is the one. It doesn't matter that we haven't met as I can tell we are the perfect match.
"Age is just numbers and I don't care that she is more than half my age.
"She is deeply in love with me and I am with her."

Regarding all his other marriages he says - "Each time something has gone wrong, but it hasn't deterred me looking for love and I'm clearly not good on my own."

He finishes up by saying - "She doesn't ask me for anything, but I have given her a few pounds for her Gran."

So when you look at this again -

He has never set eyes on her.
He is over twice her age.
He has had eight marriages already.
She wants to come to this country for work.
She has accepted money for ' her ageing Gran.'
It doesn't bother her she is bride no. 9.

So I've got to ask . . . what do you think their chances are of a long and happy marriage?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...an-71-20920150
Got to hand it to the guy, he sure is a glutton for punishment.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2019, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
Got to hand it to the guy, he sure is a glutton for punishment.

Yes, Ben.
I'm afraid I wouldn't have much sympathy for him if/when he gets ripped off.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top