Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 01:51 PM

Re: Nothing Monday

Hello everyone, with a few of you saying your weather your weather isn't too good, I am beginning to feel guilty at being blessed with another cloudless, sunny day

Have been into town this morning, had a bit of business to do in the Building Society, then went to M & S for morning coffee. Has a look round the shops trying to get ideas for My son and daughter's birthdays and my grandson's birthday. Shock! horror! more and more Christmas good are appearing in the shops!

Annie, sorry you feel a bit down today, try to focus on the good times you had together...

Michael, hope you have a safe journey home on Thursday...

Enjoy your day OFF'ers
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Hi every one, you are right about the morning AB, its very Novemberish today. Matches my mood, I am fighting a bout of depression usually brought on by the anniversary of the death of my first husband who died when he was 40 years old from Cancer on the 2nd of November 1974. I will win , I usually do.
That was a very young age to lose your husband Annie. I lost my first one five years ago, he was fifty five and it was sudden. Although I'd remarried I still get so sad during the weeks leading up to that date. Once it's gone by I seem to pick up again. It happens every year doesn't it? Nothing we can do, I go along with it now Annie, knowing why I am sad and that it'll pass.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 03:51 PM

Hi all! Still abnormally cold here: nearing 10:45 am and only 8 C (46 F), a real shock to the system after the low twenties. And cloudy also, although the wind has died down. Discovered the kitchen sink was leaking water all over the floor this morning; waiting for maintenance men to come. Leia seems a bit mopy this morning, didn't eat all her breakfast, but did eat her grass just now ......???

AB, had to laugh at "a bottle is a bottle" ... so true. (((hugs))) AnnieM.

Enjoy the unseasonable warmth and please send me some!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
Good morning all, a lovely sunny day here today after all that rain. The Wife is gone to a wedding all dolled up and wearing what she says is a hat, she is not a hat person at anytime so she looks a bit 'Strange' to me but I kept my mouth firmly shut knowing how sensitive women are about such things, lets face it some hats just don't suit some women do they?, but I'm not going there I'm too fond of life.
Jem a lot of people seem to wear 'fascinators' at weddings these days, a bit of something stuck on the head like a feather or piece of fruit which cost a fortune. Perhaps it was one of those
If I wear any kind of head gear I look like the village idiot or someone who has had too much to drink

I hope your wife has a lovely time .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Hi all! Still abnormally cold here: nearing 10:45 am and only 8 C (46 F), a real shock to the system after the low twenties. And cloudy also, although the wind has died down. Discovered the kitchen sink was leaking water all over the floor this morning; waiting for maintenance men to come. Leia seems a bit mopy this morning, didn't eat all her breakfast, but did eat her grass just now ......???

AB, had to laugh at "a bottle is a bottle" ... so true. (((hugs))) AnnieM.

Enjoy the unseasonable warmth and please send me some!
Eileen I can't believe your weather has changed so quickly.
It is so hot and dry here with a high wind blowing , if I close my eyes I could be in the Mediterranean with a Scirocco blowing.

I hope Leia recovers her appetite later and the repair man comes quickly
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

03-10-2011, 04:10 PM

Annie I am sad to hear you are feeling depressed and not your usual self. Reading your posts never fails to make me smile, you have a lovely turn of phrase and dry wit. I hope you feel better soon .x
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 04:25 PM

Yes, Meg, it's changeable; our Canadian friends keep sending us their surplus cold weather ..... it'll be back in the low 20s by mid-week, thank goodness.The heat won't be turned on till the 15th .....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Jem a lot of people seem to wear 'fascinators' at weddings these days, a bit of something stuck on the head like a feather or piece of fruit which cost a fortune. Perhaps it was one of those
If I wear any kind of head gear I look like the village idiot or someone who has had too much to drink

I hope your wife has a lovely time .
Meg she's still out so I can say this without fear of her looking over my shoulder...that hat, It reminded my of something old Mother Riley would wear, remember him Arthur Lucan?, if I had said that to her I'd be lynched. She looked great otherwise and she will have a good time, meanwhile I'm enjoying the peace and quite on my own.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

03-10-2011, 09:01 PM

That must be a really ugly hat, Jem!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2011, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
Meg she's still out so I can say this without fear of her looking over my shoulder...that hat, It reminded my of something old Mother Riley would wear, remember him Arthur Lucan?, if I had said that to her I'd be lynched. She looked great otherwise and she will have a good time, meanwhile I'm enjoying the peace and quite on my own.
Fascinators are very popular at the moment Jem ...... and can be very pretty. Is Mrs Jem's anything like these here?

http://www.google.co.uk/#q=fascinato...w=1225&bih=612

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top