Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2011, 10:34 PM

Re: After a Long Wait.

I love his programs Roxy, he knows what he's talking about and makes a good job of it, enjoy your meeting with him.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2011, 02:12 PM

Lucky you Roxy! He certainly knows his stuff, I watch him whenever I can. As jennywren says - send down to the south the south coast to be precise - to Poole
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2011, 06:33 PM

It's an odd thing that women tend to swoon over this guy, but most blokes I know can't stand him. Personally I think he has ruined the program with his thick scots accent, and I haven't wanted to watch Coast since he took over from Nicholas Crane, who I thought was an excellent presenter...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2011, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
It's an odd thing that women tend to swoon over this guy, but most blokes I know can't stand him. Personally I think he has ruined the program with his thick scots accent, and I haven't wanted to watch Coast since he took over from Nicholas Crane, who I thought was an excellent presenter...
I guess that may be down to jealousy Barry because Neil looks good in a kilt and has the legs for one .
Mmm Barry as you live on the edge of Sherwood Forest you could wear a green doublet and hose and give him a little competition in the lady swooning department
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2011, 08:23 PM

I don't watch Coast so much, but always the Scottish History Programmes and he's perfect for that. I had more than enough English History rammed down my throat at school. Do you know there are Scottish History Books that are on sale in Canada that the Westminster Government has banned from being brought into the Country. My Sister got her hands on one but it was taken away from her when she got to Customs on her way back. She says she wished she's been able to read it all while she was away but what she did read was pretty darned awful.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2011, 08:27 PM

Roxy, check Amazon; that book may be available for the Kindle, if either of you have one.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2011, 08:31 PM

I had a nice wee Chat with Neil, he's so easy to talk to, very friendly and funny too. I waited till things had quietened down before I went to Waterstones and let the rush get over.
It's not a good pic, it had been raining like mad and I was bundled up in a big jacket and trying not to drip everywhere.

Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

27-09-2011, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Roxy, check Amazon; that book may be available for the Kindle, if either of you have one.
Now there's an idea....will see if Joyce can remember the Title of the one she had.
Just downloaded a heap of ebooks yesterday too lol.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2011, 08:35 PM

Lucky you, Roxy ....I expect you'll get that pic framed and treasure it for ever!

What.... no kilt???
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

27-09-2011, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
If you don't like Neils Lowland Burr, then you'd no like mine either, that's if you could understand me lol. Coming from Mull it's very Highland and very Sibilant. When I'm talking on the phone with friends from down South I have to talk slowly and clearly.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top