Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 01:40 PM

Re: Suggestions please

Gay Pride?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Gay Pride?
I have no problem with homosexuality whatsoever, but gay pride marches irritate me. Gay or straight, no big deal!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 01:51 PM

Aspire
It’s a charity which helps people with spinal injuries -there are several .
https://www.aspire.org.uk/Pages/Category/who-we-are
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 01:57 PM

There’s this to help pay for the boy injured in the Tate Modern horror attack medical expenses https://www.gofundme.com/f/medical-f...r-tate-tragedy
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 02:04 PM

British Heart Foundation is one we support.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 02:16 PM

Many congratulations Tara on 50 years of marriage. I think that is a really lovely idea to contribute a sum towards a charity.

I personally would look at local charities rather than the larger charities, Noble causes all of them but far too much of every pound seems to be spent on swish offices, company cars and treble figure salaries for their trust members and senior staff, as well as spending hundreds of thousands of pounds of donation money on television advertising. Far too much NOT spent on the main reason people donate towards their noble causes.

I have three small local charities that I donate to, Air Ambulance, a local animal rescue centre and a local children's hospice. I know exactly how much of every one pound is spent on the actual charity and how much is spent on "expenses", and I am happy with the figures. It is so much harder for local charities to collect donations as they don't have the same clout as the larger well-know charities. I'm sure they would be so grateful for your very kind contribution.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 02:19 PM

Well..... let's see. You have no time for animals we know that so that's that out. You are not keen on fat people and you think that anyone from anywhere in the World should get priority treatment on the NHS, so that's the diabetes charities out. I don't think you are keen on religion so no churchy stuff. Nothing to do with America obviously and I think you tolerate children. You don't agree with patriotism so the war charities are not going to see your cash. So that just leaves....

... The Longdogs Christmas socks Appeal UK.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Well..... let's see. You have no time for animals we know that so that's that out. You are not keen on fat people and you think that anyone from anywhere in the World should get priority treatment on the NHS, so that's the diabetes charities out. I don't think you are keen on religion so no churchy stuff. Nothing to do with America obviously and I think you tolerate children. You don't agree with patriotism so the war charities are not going to see your cash. So that just leaves....

... The Longdogs Christmas socks Appeal UK.
I will gladly donate a few pairs of my husband's old socks when I am having a clear out of his sock drawer!
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 02:38 PM

Can I suggest you research all the possible charities you may be interested in and look them up in the Charities Commission website and look at their latest accounts. These will tell you how many people are earning over £60K; the total amount spent on salaries and the average number of employees.
You can find all kinds of details which can indicate the validity of the charity.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

10-08-2019, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Can I suggest you research all the possible charities you may be interested in and look them up in the Charities Commission website and look at their latest accounts. These will tell you how many people are earning over £60K; the total amount spent on salaries and the average number of employees.
You can find all kinds of details which can indicate the validity of the charity.
We certainly will.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top