Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 07:44 PM

Re: Our increasingly violent society

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
My post dealt with knife crime pecifically Fender! and l stand
by my statement regarding a knife culture in certain countries!
But l do agree also with most of your remarks concerning
all crime in the uk!

Regards Donkeyman!
I was referring to knife crime as well Donkeyman.
Whilst I agree with you that in certain countries using a knife is almost the norm, I'm not convinced that it's due to immigration of people from said countries that knife crime is on the increase here.

I think it's simply down to a lack of deterrent, and often the biggest issue is the cps and the namby pamby judges.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 08:15 PM

Baz , I read this report this morning, its dreadful, those who are working to protect us are being abused and manpower cut . Its frightening . Chatting with friends this morning we all mentioned Singapore where we had all been and were totally safe as there is no violence and no unemployment , we were told this by the taxi driver . I guess sentencing is harsh there .

I think some of our judges need to make sentences harder and longer and harsher. I'm appalled sometimes when I hear sentences of 12 months community service , who the hell wants a thug serving or working in a charity shop for goodness sake .

Reading the report from that serving officer is shocking .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 11:22 PM

Crime is undoubtedly on the increase in this country and everyone who has posted on here has explained why and what could be done about it.

It's not difficult but unfortunately the powers-that-be seem to have no interest or intention of addressing the problem. Not surprising, of course, because they themselves are completely unaffected, living in their safe little bubbles as they are.

Because those who could do something about it choose not to bother, and do nothing but talk about it when questioned, I can see no end to it.

My only question is to ask how much worse will the situation become before something is done?

I'm 67 this year. I don't know how much longer I shall live (hopefully as long as possible beyond my three-score and ten), but I'll bet a pound to a penny (as my dad used to say!) that we will see no improvement before I turn my toes up.
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2019, 04:02 AM

The only is National Service.

That'd put some backbone into them, whether the thugs are home-grown or immigrants.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top