Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 03:00 AM

Re: Are we ever too old to fall in love?

My mom was 65 when my dad died. She absolutely did not want anyone else. No one could live up to Dad, she said. She was adamant. That changed 17 years later. She fell in love with a guy she met at church. They were married and obviously in love. They even had a good sex life, she told me with a sly little grin. She loved his family. Two years later he died. She was heartbroken again. My older cousin's husband was widowed. My cousin died of cancer. He and Mom took up together, and were soon married. She'd known him for a long time, so he was not a stranger. Two years later he died. Again she was alone. Within the year she ended up in a nursing facility because of injuries she incurred in a fall at home. Guess what, she fell in love again, while she was in the nursing home. She and Del were so cute together. He was 10 years her junior. The nursing staff loved the relationship the two of them had. He died a couple of years later and she a year and a half after that.

So do I believe one can call in in love in their senior years? Absolutely.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by Sage ->
My mom was 65 when my dad died. She absolutely did not want anyone else. No one could live up to Dad, she said. She was adamant. That changed 17 years later. She fell in love with a guy she met at church. They were married and obviously in love. They even had a good sex life, she told me with a sly little grin. She loved his family. Two years later he died. She was heartbroken again. My older cousin's husband was widowed. My cousin died of cancer. He and Mom took up together, and were soon married. She'd known him for a long time, so he was not a stranger. Two years later he died. Again she was alone. Within the year she ended up in a nursing facility because of injuries she incurred in a fall at home. Guess what, she fell in love again, while she was in the nursing home. She and Del were so cute together. He was 10 years her junior. The nursing staff loved the relationship the two of them had. He died a couple of years later and she a year and a half after that.

So do I believe one can call in in love in their senior years? Absolutely.
That's a really sad but heartwarming story, Sage. Despite the loss your mother experienced time and time again, she also had some wonderful happy times too. Thanks for sharing that, it must have been difficult as her son to see everything progress there
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 05:06 AM

100 percent with you there,Floydy.
You phrased your response perfectly.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 05:18 AM

She was obviously a very loving person and people were drawn to her.. ..she has left you with loving memories of her too ...special lady
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 05:50 AM

Good morning,Summer.

Yes;that lady had a deep,inbuilt attractiveness.
Not merely a physical one,but her heart and her soul reached out,touched people who met her. Wow. When I'm gone,all people will say is ''At last!''.

[HOW do you get the little smiley face,into a message,summer?]
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 08:22 AM

My idea of 'love' is liking someone a lot. If my husband kicks the bucket before I do, I would have absolutely no interest in another relationship. I have done my bit as a wife, end of story.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by pug ->
100 percent with you there,floydy.
You phrased your response perfectly.

susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 09:17 AM

A true story

50 yrs ago J and A fell in love she 21 he 25 . He an officer in the French navy , she worked in Australia . Family deliberately kept them apart by destroying letters as his family wanted him to marry someone else . Each never heard from the other again , she heartbroken but got on with her life .

Now aged 71 , J received a phone call from someone who had read in the local paper that A was searching for her his lost love , he had even made a plea for help on facebook and it had gone viral, he had contacted the local paper requesting anyone who knew J or a family member to get in touch . He had been searching for 2 yrs for her . He had been married and had grown up children but after a cancer scare he needed to see her just once more .

J wrote him a card and said she would love to see him too . YOU HAVE FOUND ME she wrote

10 days later she was at the airport , he walked through the doors , this handsome navel officer now 75 she now 71 , each saw only the young love they once we're . The moment they locked eyes they fell in love .

A still had the wedding ring he had brought J 50 yrs ago , he never got to propose , family made sure of that . He had loved her forever .

Today 4 yrs on they still live together in total harmony , true soul mates .

They won't tell their story to the world as they are private people hence my abbreviation of their names , to be in their company is wonderful , to listen to their story is touching . He could not live without her any longer .
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK

26-09-2018, 01:11 PM

....and thusly,love proves,it IS stronger than hate.
Lovely story,miss 'm'.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2018, 01:13 PM

Love Knows No Age!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top