Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 12:12 PM

Re: Do you fancy a pint ?

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I drink too muc as I like my wine before bed. I ave cut down to wat I used to drink and I'm sure I'll give up eventually but for now I'm enjoying my nigtly tipple. Flipping key not working is doing my ead in
a a! That made me laugh.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 12:16 PM

Drink me????
The very thought
Only on Friday's and Saturday's, that doesn't count.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 12:47 PM

I’m up and down with drink. I love it, it hates me

I decided to do dry January and I’ve carried it on really. Now even if I fancy a drink, there’s not a drink I fancy.

I had a couple of pints last weekend and nothing since

I couldn’t be sat at home drinking for the sake of drinking, I’m definitely a pub drinker

Luckily the pub sells really good coffee
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by SamTheMan ->
Do you drink much ? I usually describe myself as a social drinker, but then i don't have that much of a social life, so i probably drink very little. I've often said i probably drink in a year, less than some drink of a Friday night. But according to the latest research, even social drinkers need to worry.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-43738644

One drink a day ? That could be a glass of wine with your evening meal.
Who wants to live a life 2 or 3 years longer without a drink? What a miserable existence that would be.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 01:08 PM

I Don't drink when Im asleep
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 01:22 PM

Since I've become older I find myself drinking less.

If we go out 'for a pint', I very rarely drink more than one pint and more often manage quite happily with only a half.

When I eat at home I either have a third of a bottle of beer (about 150 ml) or a mug of tea.

In the evening at home, I sometimes have a large single malt with a dash of water (to make it last longer). I'd say that amounts to no more than 3 or 4 times a week.

I fully expect to live until I'm 100!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Since I've become older I find myself drinking less.

If we go out 'for a pint', I very rarely drink more than one pint and more often manage quite happily with only a half.

When I eat at home I either have a third of a bottle of beer (about 150 ml) or a mug of tea.

In the evening at home, I sometimes have a large single malt with a dash of water (to make it last longer). I'd say that amounts to no more than 3 or 4 times a week.

I fully expect to live until I'm 100!
I'll drink to that.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 03:00 PM

It's nonsense. We don't know how long we are going to live, so how would we know if our life was being cut short? How ridiculous.

Yes I do enjoy a pint at the weekend only. It's essential for my state of mind working nights all bloody week. Therefore if it cheers me up then that will ensure my life is extended a little, so they cancel each other out tbh.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 03:24 PM

A pint?..I've never tried it ...But I recall some years ago when asking the Doc' about how much booze one should take and still live healthily..He said a small glass of red wine every night with dinner would be most beneficial..tried it..but some nights I wanted more than one and ended up drinking half the bottle,other nights I couldn't stand the taste of it...so gave up altogether...Now I have a few glasses only on occasions like Birthdays/weddings etc'...can't say I miss it really.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2018, 03:49 PM

Nope not a drop of alcohol for me, my driving licence is far to important to me to risk it for a drink.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top