Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2018, 07:47 PM

Re: do we need a new law richard osborn brooks/ tony martin

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Not sure such thing as a "Criminal Class", criminality exists in all echelons of society.
Correct.

Class makes no difference to guilt, as far as I'm concerned.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 04:18 PM

What I find particularly disgusting is that that now the lowlife that are related to this cowardly thug are making a shine outside Richard Osborne house !
Why don't they make it outside of his own house ?
Why are the police allowing this they should stop it and take all the flowers and cards and throw them into the trash bins !
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
What I find particularly disgusting is that that now the lowlife that are related to this cowardly thug are making a shine outside Richard Osborne house !
Why don't they make it outside of his own house ?
Why are the police allowing this they should stop it and take all the flowers and cards and throw them into the trash bins !

I'm sure it's all about the criminal classes having exactly the same rights as the law-abiding in this country.

On the contrary, I believe that if they commit crimes, and especially make a career out of it, they should become 'outlaws' - outside of the law, its protection and rights.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 06:05 PM

Richard Littlejohn is very good on this sort of issue as he was with the Tony Martin case nearly 20 years ago.

This time I expect there will be more people in agreement even some Lefties:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...nemy-No-1.html
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

09-04-2018, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
Richard Littlejohn is very good on this sort of issue as he was with the Tony Martin case nearly 20 years ago.

This time I expect there will be more people in agreement even some Lefties:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...nemy-No-1.html
Yes, I remember reading that and how very true it all is.

"Criminals now operate with apparent impunity across Britain, ever since the police decided that it wasn’t worth bothering to patrol the streets any more."

It also mentions how 'the Dick woman' is talking about doing something. Talking. That's what our politicians and others in authority do a lot of.

Why do I not expect anything to actually be done?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2018, 06:35 PM

I'll repeat it here because I think it's appropriate but I think we have the wrong ideas regarding sentencing

America has 4.4% of the world's population but 22% of its prisoners

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...rceration_rate

I'm not saying we need to swing quite that far but something has to be done: We need to build more prisons and put more people into them with longer sentences for particular crimes.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

09-04-2018, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I'll repeat it here because I think it's appropriate but I think we have the wrong ideas regarding sentencing

America has 4.4% of the world's population but 22% of its prisoners

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...rceration_rate

I'm not saying we need to swing quite that far but something has to be done: We need to build more prisons and put more people into them with longer sentences for particular crimes.
A cheaper option, and a preferable one in my opinion, is to make our existing prisons much less attractive to criminals. 23 hours a day locked up; boring food and only water; no televisions, play stations or other entertainment;and anything else that would make their stay particularly unpleasant.

Another method would be the re-introduction of corporal punishment. Birching used to be used in Borstal institutions, and I'm sure it would make many career criminals think again.

The third solution, which I'm sure most of you will already have guessed, is capital punishment.

Of course, I fully expect that none of these things will come about, at least in this country. Too many people are under the influence of the bleeding hearts who, of course, are unlikely to have ever suffered the consequences of crime.

Still, there it is. The status quo will continue.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top