Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 02:10 PM

Re: What changes would you make?

What changes would you make?

Life is a tangle of threads like a spiders web with all the threads interconnecting. If we dislodge one we could have a profound affect on the others.

I could say I would change many things but if I did I may not have reached the stage I have now, peace and a quiet contentment for the first time in my life .
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 02:17 PM

Life is a tangle of threads like a spiders web with all the threads interconnecting. If we dislodge one we could have a profound affect on the others.

Thought provoking, Meg - glad you are content now.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 02:19 PM

I would never have picked up a cigarette
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 03:09 PM

I really wouldn't want my life again , even if I could make changes to know it would be better , I feel it's been a long journey and I don't have the energy to even want to stay on the planet for another 68 years .

There are times I feel the earth is not my true home
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 04:28 PM

There are some bits of my life I would prefer not to revisit so unless I can start with a completely new clean sheet, no I wouldn't go back and make the odd tweak here and there.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I wouldn't have tried to have babies, that wasn't best time of our lives.
Hi

I love kids, worth all the trouble.

I will never have Grandkids, my DNA is lost, neither of my kids want them.

I do have pretendies, my Polish Friends children, my Pretendies.

I am English Grandad, I spoil them rotten and they keep me young.

They have only been away since Sunday Morning, staying with Mum's Family.

He is a serious miserable old git.

They have to sit down and be quiet.

Their Dad's Mum, Babcha Zosia, is a riot.

She is like Summer, joins in all the fun.

They are plotting already to get her here and stay at my house.

Then if she stayed at my house we would have to get married.

They are so funny, the Littlies.

Babcha Zosia would stay up with them and have pillow fights and torches.

English Grandfather will give them Ice Cream for Breakfast, and let them drive the car on the farm tracks.

They are so funny,they keep me young.

I am not entirely convinced that Babcha Ziosia's Husband, Bogdan, will be happy with this,
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 08:44 PM

Good post Meg.....#11
No changes here Tara, the bad stuff has learnt me important lessons I might not have otherwise learned.
Having another go at life would only produce the same cock ups but perhaps with different outcomes.
And like Susan M, after sixty seven years I don't like where the world is going, so although I hope to live as long as I can, It has been a struggle that I wouldn't want to repeat.
I'm probably happier and more content than I've ever been, and nobody expects anything of me anymore.....Well.....Perhaps Mrs Fox and Maddie the cat.....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 08:59 PM

Hmmm, if I could change anything? I would dearly love to see my son settle down with a nice woman and for him to have children, I dearly want to be a grandma. I do however have a great niece and 2 great nephews who I treat like grandchildren but I still would love a grandchild from my son.
I also wish I hadn't been a follower and started smoking at 14 years old, I haven't smoked for 10 years now but the damage is done and I am left with COPD, what a fool my young self was.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 11:40 PM

I should have listened to a lot of my dad's advice. If I had taken heed I would have had a much more sustainable lifestyle instead of being such a selfish child/teenager and being so impulsive when older. I would not have had to work these bloody nights for over 12 years as well.

You learn your lessons the hard way sometimes.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 11:55 PM

Like others here, I have had sadness and regrets too, but that is only natural as we go through life. Experiences have only been wasted ones if we don't learn from them.

Today, No, I haven't got everything I dreamed of, but I have still got a darn site more than some poor sods.

(pardon the swearing).

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top