Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 04:03 PM

Re: How much liquid do you drink in a day?

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
For years I have never felt thirsty, even in hot weather, I have to have my drinks at specific times of the day, otherwise I wouldn't remember to have them. Is there any other poster who doesn't get thirsty?
If l did get very thirsty, l would worry that l had got Diabetes.
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 04:05 PM

Yesterday, I had one coffee, a glass of cider (non alcoholic) 2 glasses of water, 1/2 glass of coke, glass of wine, and a beer. Varies each day, but always, always the wine.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 04:05 PM

I have a glass of orange juice and two mugs of tea, plus milk in my weetabix for breakfast. Probably another 4 mugs of tea during the day. I have a tall glass of iced water next to me on my little coffee table during the day so would say two of those. plus of course the sauces and gravies that go with meals,

Definitely more on a Saturday as that is the only night now that we partake in a bottle of wine.

Don't really know if I am drinking enough or not drinking enough to be good for me, if I am not, and advised to drink more, I am perfectly prepared to be a good girl and drink another bottle of wine.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I don't drink enough water at all. I drink a pint of orange squash with a meal and take another bottle of it to work, but the only fresh water I drink is a pint I take to bed during my sleep. My skin is always very dry because I don't keep it hydrated.

I drink a lot of coffee, a couple of mugs per day and also 2-3 small vending machine cups at work at night.
I always have a mug of tea when I come in from work in the moring before bed.

As far as alcohol goes, I look forward to a few pints on a Saturday with my pals and I always enjoy a couple of bottles of real ale on a Friday night at home. May have the occasional whiskey later on.

Being off work all week I've been drinking every night however and that is too much!
Sadly my husband never drank enough in the past, and now it has come back to bite him BIG TIME. I ensure he drinks the correct amount these days. Sadly one of my grandsons (12) takes after his grandfather and will have problems in later life too if he isn't careful.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
If l did get very thirsty, l would worry that l had got Diabetes.
Only if you're bone idle with it.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 04:09 PM

Sadly my husband never drank enough in the past, and now it has come back to bite him BIG TIME. I ensure he drinks the correct amount these days. Sadly one of my grandsons (12) takes after his grandfather and will have problems in later life too if he isn't careful.
That's right.
It's just easier to drink pints of weak orange juice than plain water.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
That's right.
It's just easier to drink pints of weak orange juice than plain water.

One of my daughters, used to drink lots of orange squash (Robinson’s No Added Sugar) and she started to get lots of bad headaches.

She went to see the doctor and she said it was probably the artificial sweetener Acesulfame K, contained in the orange squash that was causing the headaches.

She now drinks plain water and doesn’t get the headaches any more.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

31-03-2018, 04:37 PM

I am not one to have a bottle of water clenched in my hand when l’m out and about!
I think it’s not a good look, l don’t know why?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2018, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I am not one to have a bottle of water clenched in my hand when l’m out and about!
I think it’s not a good look, l don’t know why?
So many people do that these days, if out for a jog, or just a walk, even in winter. Surely it could wait until they get home.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

31-03-2018, 04:43 PM

So many people do that these days, if out for a jog, or just a walk, even in winter. Surely it could wait until they get home.
Is it any wonder that the oceans are full of plastic bottles!!

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top