Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 10:02 AM

Re: Please Tell Me About Your Towels... Quality Or Cheap?

Bought two sets of towels on the shopping channel on TV some years ago, for ridiculously cheap price - They're quality stuff - Egyptian cotton.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 10:37 AM

Towels?? They're bloody towels - $3 - $5 from Big W, Target or somewhere similar and made in India.

They dry just fine.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Actually I dislike really thick expensive towels I buy cheaper thinner ones that wash and dry easily and I replace them quite often. I only buy white and just hand towels and massive bath sheets.

I wonder if anyone else like me has a special set in the house bathroom just for show not for using...so funny.
I have to agree with you there Summer. Mrs LDs insists on buying only Christie towels (has done for as long as I have known her) but I prefer a thinner towel because it seems to dry better - sort of gets into all the nooks and crannies.

I have to admit though, Christie towels do last a long, long time. We still have some from 20 years ago.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Bought two sets of towels on the shopping channel on TV some years ago, for ridiculously cheap price - They're quality stuff - Egyptian cotton.
Pyramid sales?

Ours are sort of mid-priced ..I think. Hand towels and flannel the same colour.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I used to have a thing about towels and was always buying them!

I have towels of every size, hand towels up to bath sheets. I only like good quality towels and would buy them when they were in the sales, usually from Selfridges or House Of Fraser. This was not for snobbish reasons but l wanted the best quality at a decent price as l find they last longer!!

I have so many towels that l think they will see me out!!

What about you? Do you buy quality towels, or do you buy any towels that you think will serve the purpose?
I buy Tesco towels, they suit us OK.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 10:58 AM

I like big towels and buy bath sheets rather than bath towels. Only use hand towels in the downstairs WC and I usually go to John Lewis when they have a sale. I like the fluffy, heavy ones and at the moment a lot of my towels are pale chocolate colour, but I don't mind most colours, except blue and yellow. Like Muddy does, when they get old, they are used for dog towels. Dogs seem to have more than just now. I always dry my towels in the tumble dryer and never use softener - I like them nice and soft and absorbent.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 11:01 AM

I prefer rough towels as I swim almost every day and like to get really dry after the pool, I find the expensive thick fluffy ones just don't do the job. So the last ones I got when I was in Perth came from Dunelm Mill, not expensive but not wee thin things either, after a few very hot washes with no softener they became a lot rougher and now do the job fine. I go through a lot of towels in a week as my OH wants a clean one each time.....Fine in the good weather but a pest in the winter when I can't put them out to dry. Also go through a lot of towels with the dog in the wet and living in the far north.......It's more than a bit wet at times.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 11:18 AM

I like rough towels too, I dislike the soft fluffy ones, I don't like bath sheets either, an ordinary bath towel is fine to dry myself after my shower.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 11:24 AM

I like big fluffy soft towels, a bit like me.
Often buy them online, as I find the expensive good quality ones are cheaper online.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I like rough towels too, I dislike the soft fluffy ones, I don't like bath sheets either, an ordinary bath towel is fine to dry myself after my shower.
I don’t care for big fluffy towels either, I prefer them when they’ve been through the wash a few times. I find bath sheets too heavy so it’s a standard bath towel for me too. I suppose it depends how much body you have to dry and I’m only little!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top