Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 11:37 AM

Re: Toys for young children please?

Most girls who had brothers played with boys toys, I know I did, and vice versa. It's not in the least unusual. What I do find strange is for anyone to use the word hate towards such an inanimate toy as a doll.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
Most girls who had brothers played with boys toys, I know I did, and vice versa. It's not in the least unusual. What I do find strange is for anyone to use the word hate towards such an inanimate toy as a doll.
I have three sisters, no brothers. I was given dolls, because I was a girl, I had no interest in playing with them and grew to hate the things as I was expected to play with them.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 11:41 AM

What about a Construction set, with tipper truck, crane, digger etc... They'll have hours of fun
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I have three sisters, no brothers. I was given dolls, because I was a girl, I had no interest in playing with them and grew to hate the things as I was expected to play with them.
I didn't have much interest in dolls either and I was given dolls, however I didn't hate them, no one forced me to play with them. I did however, push our little dog around in my dolls pram as my brothers did.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 12:35 PM

I didn't have much interest in dolls either and I was given dolls, however I didn't hate them, no one forced me to play with them. I did however, push our little dog around in my dolls pram as my brothers did.
I hated anything I was forced to play with, like jigsaws for instance, I just wanted to read, or have my 'little adventures', which I have described another thread.
mesco m
manchester

16-03-2018, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I hated anything I was forced to play with, like jigsaws for instance, I just wanted to read, or have my 'little adventures', which I have described another thread.
Who on earth could or would force a child to play with anything.

Toys are supposed to give a child pleasure and some, education through play. You must have had a terrible upbringing if you were forced to play.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 02:04 PM

Toys are supposed to give a child pleasure and some, education through play. You must have had a terrible upbringing if you were forced to play.
How long have you been here?!

You dont know about Taras childhood and strict hell-fire and fury upbringing?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Floor Jigsaws
Dominoes
Flashcards
Orchard Games are really good for different age groups.
https://www.orchardtoys.com/

Boys as much as girls like pretend play with tea sets and
My grandchildren have a number of 'Orchard games', their favourites are Farmyard Snap where we lay all the cards face down and they are picked up randomly to try to get a matching pair the winner being the one with the most cards.
https://www.orchardtoys.com/buy/farm-snap-game_24.htm
This is a good game for young children of varying ages.

Also 'Scardey Cat'
https://www.orchardtoys.com/buy/scaredy-cat-game_11.htm
and 'Shopping List' are very popular
https://www.orchardtoys.com/buy/shopping-list_4.htm

All provide an element of learning with the fun
With 'Scardey' Cats we count just the cards rather than the birds when playing with the younger ones.
The cards are thick so don't bend easily.

Farmyard or Animal Snap is always a favourite with children of all ages .
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Farm-Snap-U...06GWHG5411FZJV

as it the timeless Snakes and Ladders.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

16-03-2018, 03:57 PM

My parents for one. Jigsaws were thought to be good for me, so I had to sit there and do one, or else.
mesco m
manchester

16-03-2018, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
How long have you been here?!

You dont know about Taras childhood and strict hell-fire and fury upbringing?
I have been here since 2011 and know all about it. As I have heard it over and over. And before she was tarantula.

Maybe her upbringing has caused her to have multiple personalities 😂

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top