Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 04:02 PM

Re: Original Sin

I find it hard to believe new babies can be born evil...but..what about all those GOOD Christian caring Men & Women who became Priests & Nuns and then went on to commit the most evil atrocious sins/crimes mainly against Children & Women?
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Don't you think this is all about maintaining control over others by fear. IMO original sin never did exist.

"Original sin, also called ancestral sin,[1] is the Christian doctrine of humanity's state of sin resulting from the fall of man, stemming from Adam and Eve's rebellion in Eden, namely the sin of disobedience in consuming from the tree of knowledge of good and evil".[
Absolutely 100% spot on.

I can't abide those who espouse original sin, iniquity, inherent wickedness and the like.

Nothing but self righteous bigots!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Some scientists believe there's an argument that psychopathy is inbuilt and therefore present at birth.
I think possibly there may be a tendency towards sociopathy which may either wither or develop, depending on numerous factors as a child grows - including opportunity. Remember that many of the most successful people in life have this facet to them - it is not necessarily a negative (or) evil thing, although it can become so - again depending on circumstances, experiences,learning and opportunity.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 04:07 PM

The religions that worry me most are those attribute sin from one generation to another, if your father was bad the child and grandchild will pay for it. That most worrying IMO and I just can't get my head around why anyone could believe it.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 04:18 PM

Babies are not born evil but with the original sin of Adam and Eve on their soul, supposedly. The ritual of Baptism takes away that sin. This Christian ritual does no harm and gives the family and friends a chance celebrate a new life.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
I find it hard to believe new babies can be born evil...but..what about all those GOOD Christian caring Men & Women who became Priests & Nuns and then went on to commit the most evil atrocious sins/crimes mainly against Children & Women?
Terrible!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by May ->

I agree with you May .

I knew a lady who was brought up with nuns , her story was atrocious, they were so so cruel to the children , so where does that cruelty come from , my friend told me not one of the nuns was kind , not one . The things they did .

Is it a pack mentality I wonder ?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I agree with you May .

I knew a lady who was brought up with nuns , her story was atrocious, they were so so cruel to the children , so where does that cruelty come from , my friend told me not one of the nuns was kind , not one . The things they did .

Is it a pack mentality I wonder ?
My friend went to a school run by nuns, she said a lot, but not all, were horrible, cruel & nasty. Good & bad in any community, nuns included.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
My friend went to a school run by nuns, she said a lot, but not all, were horrible, cruel & nasty. Good & bad in any community, nuns included.
Tiffany, Thank Goodness you have added that, as not all priests and nuns are bad.
I am a Roman Catholic and the ones l came in contact with, were good people.
The ones spoken about here, are in the minority. Please don’t tar all of them with the same brush.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 05:16 PM

No One mentioned anything about ALL Priests & Nuns being bad...That's just stupid..what I was asking is were THOSE who commited these terrible crimes..BORN evil..or did They make Their vows in order to commit these atrocious crimes/sins knowing They would get away with it.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top