Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 05:36 PM

Re: Are You A Mobile/Smartphone Zombie?

Mine may be a smartphone but I use it sensibly. Might use the Kindle to open up a book if on a bus, When out I mostly use the bus app, so will do that at the bus stop then put it away when I know how long I will be waiting for.

Apart from that, it is kept inside my bag.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 05:44 PM

I love my smartphone. I use it as my calendar, diary, sat nav, instant messenger, appointments reminder, emails, instant messenger to my ex and my children, news alerts, phone and I get texts sometimes from a young lady who I think has possibly taken a fancy to me. (I think she needs help) I even get an email at the end of the month with maps of where I've been during the month and how much time I waste looking at the mobile.
I don't walk round looking at it though.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 05:50 PM

No not me.

I read books on my phone on the bus in the evening, I text hubby a couple of times a day. That is it.

Sorry I forgot I use my phone for appointments as well
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 05:57 PM

I ended up getting one because once you pay for the handset it's far better value for money than an old style contract. There is just so much you can do with it. Paying for parking for example. Or looking up the next train.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I don't have a smart phone - don't want one.
Me neither carol. I'm happy with my gas powered Nokia.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Mine has a gps tracker Meg, that's useful if you are worried about falling. It didn't cost much to get started with a smart phone under £50 for a basic easy to use one.
Julie my basic Doro has an emergency button on the back which connects to my son but I can't imagine using it .
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 07:17 PM

I've got a Samsung. I use it for calls and texts and occasionally the internet. I have never really got into the habit of mobile phones and more often than not I forget to take it or if I do it usually wants charging.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 08:46 PM

Nope, no smart phone. I have got one but don't like it. One reason is it only fits in the back pocket of my jeans and a couple times it nearly ended up down the loo

And because it doesn't fit in my pocket it would sit on the worktop in the kitchen, or in my bag. It's no good to me there if I'm stuck in the loft coz the ladder's fallen over or if I have an accident outside.

Originally Posted by Meg ->
No I don't have a smart phone too expensive for me.

I have a basic mobile phone which I use for texting only and theoretically to summon help if I fall again while out with Chloe but I rarely take it with me because I would need to take my specs as well to see it.
Meg, I have a sim only deal, originally from EE but now with Plusnet, £4.95 a month, 600 minutes of calls, 5,000 texts and 500mb of data (I don't use the data).
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 08:50 PM

I do have one but l don’t keep it on me all the time like some!
I usually have to ring it to find it!
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2017, 09:26 PM

mines just lays in the glove compartment of car,,not become dependent on a phone yet.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top