Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 06:19 PM

Re: changing society

Slightly off topic, but continuing with the selfish society theme...

Today I parked in the last disabled bay outside Tescos, at the end of a line. To my surprise, a white van suddenly pulled up on the white lines, parked up facing me (!), and two young abled bodies got out, and went into the store. I was just gobsmacked at the attitude that they felt they could park where they liked. There wasn't a shortage of parking spaces, I'd hasten to add. They just didn't bother looking.

I toyed with the idea of talking to security but thought better of it.

When I finished shopping, that vehicle had gone, but it was replaced with another one, facing the correct way, but still on white lines, and not in a bay.

What is wrong with these drivers?????

And yes, I DO have a blue badge.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 10:54 AM

I've watched our town change over the years as I have always worked evenings I have seen it happen before my eyes. It seems to have improved a bit lately as two of the more notorious pubs have closed down. It's becoming more family orientated with pizza places and cafes with tables on the pavements. Much better.

You still see a few sights from time to time but the near naked people laying on the ground too drunk to walk seem to have disappeared.

Our police had a zero tolerance approach about five years ago and that was beginning of the changes.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I spent a few years of my life in charge of a team doing the Night Time Economy.

Thursday, Friday and Saturday nIghts out with the Police and also working on our own.

Nothing surprises me anymore.

Three girls in the middle of the road , having a competition to see who could pee on the white line.

The girls egging a queue outside a Kebab place to drop their pants to see which one was the biggest.

Life has changed so much.

What is Night Time Economy, Swim?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2017, 01:05 PM

We have street pastors here who work through the night helping people , girls separated from their friends in a dangerous situation too drunk to help themself's , people who too ill to get home , I'm told they help a lot in awful situations . I'm afraid I wouldnt have the patience or inclination , yet these pastors do a great job .

If I do go out I make my way very quickly to the bus stop or taxi rank very close by . Often I'll drive my friends so they can enjoy a glass or two as sometimes waiting for the taxi at the rank is not a pretty sight .

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top