Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 07:04 PM

Re: Heartless B*****d!

If he is found guilty, then by all means call him a heartless bastard.

I'm going to wait for the jury to deliberate before I condemn.
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
What I can't understand is how she fell 4000 feet without a functioning parachute and survived.

Was she lucky enough to land on a 500 feet thick airbag?
There is a case of a rear gunner jumping out of a burning aircraft without a parachute and surviving during the last war. He landed in deep snow.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
What an appalling b*****d he tried to kill his wife by tampering with her parachute .
She fell 4000ft
Why can't these men just get a divorce ?
No they want the lover and the insurance .

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-her-parachute
I've learned a lot since my divorce. Many men just cannot say what they want - not something I understand, but it would have made life so much easier if my husband had just said "I want a divorce" instead of online dating, affair etc. When found out he went on the offensive and I ended up with a broken rib and multiple bruises! Before that attack though, there were times when I was truly afraid of him and felt very vunerable. The police are right to suspect the husband when a married woman dies!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
I've learned a lot since my divorce. Many men just cannot say what they want - not something I understand, but it would have made life so much easier if my husband had just said "I want a divorce" instead of online dating, affair etc. When found out he went on the offensive and I ended up with a broken rib and multiple bruises! Before that attack though, there were times when I was truly afraid of him and felt very vunerable. The police are right to suspect the husband when a married woman dies!
Lindy, Living in fear of a violent man must be the worst thing ever.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Lindy, Living in fear of a violent man must be the worst thing ever.
Yes - It was a pretty terrible time of my life and I'm glad it's over.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 10:34 PM

If it's any consolation, we're not all like that.
Lindyloo
isle of wight

05-10-2017, 10:43 PM

If it's any consolation, we're not all like that.
Yes, I know that, and thanks.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 10:46 PM

Sorry you had to suffer that lindyloo, luckily most men aren't like that but it must be terrifying to live with one that is.
venator
London
venator is male  venator has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 09:13 PM

What I can't understand is how she fell 4000 feet without a functioning parachute and survived.

Was she lucky enough to land on a 500 feet thick airbag?
my recollection of the Guiness Book Of Records is somebody falling 20,000' and landing in branches of a pine tree unscathed. A falling (human) body will get speed limited by air resistance. This and a good chunk of luck can mean survival.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by venator ->
my recollection of the Guiness Book Of Records is somebody falling 20,000' and landing in branches of a pine tree unscathed. A falling (human) body will get speed limited by air resistance. This and a good chunk of luck can mean survival.
Well of course, yes, she did survive.

I didn't see where she landed and on what surface, though. Any ideas?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top