Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 09:09 AM

Re: how to get someone worried

Another of mine is pointing to a ceiling and saying " do you see that nail up there?"
Works well in a supermarket checkout line.

Eveyone looks up trying to see it so you keep pointing until !!!!

You take your hand down and point towards your finger nail
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Phew !! This, I do not understand. Is there some thrill in screwing with a total stranger's mind ? This seems like a kind of mental vandalism.
POTUS and his tweets are somewhat similar
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 10:36 AM

If a bulb went in an office or somewhere l was working. I would say, 'Quick, everyone put your hands in the air'
They'd say, 'Why?'
I'd reply, 'Many hands make light work'!!

I know, l'm very childish!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
If a bulb went in an office or somewhere l was working. I would say, 'Quick, everyone put your hands in the air'
They'd say, 'Why?'
I'd reply, 'Many hands make light work'!!

I know, l'm very childish!

Like it

bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 11:45 AM

Phew !! This, I do not understand. Is there some thrill in screwing with a total stranger's mind ? This seems like a kind of mental vandalism.
Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
The difference between british and american sense of humour!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Bakerman replies,
I get that there is a difference BUT deliberately screwing with someone's head ?. There are 10's of thousands of people out there who are stressed out AND suffering from a multitude of serious mental health problems. To pay a trick on them seems excessively cruel. To an American, spotting a downs syndrome person walking down the street and then telling him the if he goes into that store over there they will give him candy, would be unthinkable. Same thing with "hey, look at your tire". How do you know that your "joke" would not be the straw that broke the camels back. Seriously people, life can be extra-ordinarily difficult for some people. Just saying.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 11:48 AM

Bakerman replies,
I get that there is a difference BUT deliberately screwing with someone's head ?. There are 10's of thousands of people out there who are stressed out AND suffering from a multitude of serious mental health problems. To pay a trick on them seems excessively cruel. To an American, spotting a downs syndrome person walking down the street and then telling him the if he goes into that store over there they will give him candy, would be unthinkable. Same thing with "hey, look at your tire". How do you know that your "joke" would not be the straw that broke the camels back. Seriously people, life can be extra-ordinarily difficult for some people. Just saying.
Aren’t Yo Momma jokes an American invention?

People and glasshouses come to mind
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 11:50 AM

Bakerman you're priceless!
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 12:11 PM

Mr Missy loves putting a leek in a chiller cabinet in a supermarket then going to tell the manager that the fridge has a leak
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Mr Missy loves putting a leek in a chiller cabinet in a supermarket then going to tell the manager that the fridge has a leak

Dear me, I had to laugh at that one Missy.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2017, 02:25 PM

Bakerman replies,
Strange!

In some situations, Yanks seem to be a good deal more serious than Brits.

Yet, at the same time they seem to enjoy slapstick 'comedy' and loud stand-up comedians with the most childish jokes which never raise even a smile on British faces.

We should just accept that the only thing we have in common is our language but then, of course, we come to the matter of spelling!

Best not to get started on that!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top