Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 04:41 PM

Re: Rekindling old Friendships!

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
When l see old friends/people l knew from school or where l lived. l feel like they are my family and they fill me with such joy!
It is a great pleasure to see old School friends and relive the past carefree days even though we all had very little money, but were still happy without Computers. Tablets, and Mobile Phones and fast Cars.

Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Hmmmmm don't think I'd want to meet anyone I was at school with. Camaraderie? not sure there was much of that going on.
There was at my School and i know some men who actually love their School friends better than their wives/partners. The bond is so great.

APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 04:48 PM

Hmmmmm don't think I'd want to meet anyone I was at school with. Camaraderie? not sure there was much of that going on.
Nor would I , I got a card sent by a woman who I hadn"t seen for 40 odd years,who had moved to Canada, right out the blue.
How she got my details , I will never know, I just ignored it TBH.I had married and moved several times.
Although a friend did say you should have got in contact and asked.Still too late now .
I just thought it weird, perhaps I have got a suspicious mind.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

09-07-2017, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Some people are like that. Not met for years-and I mean over 30 years. Then you meet-aha both have less hair and a rather larger waist but their voice,their smile.
Very True.

Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Nor would I , I got a card sent by a woman who I hadn"t seen for 40 odd years,who had moved to Canada, right out the blue.
How she got my details , I will never know, I just ignored it TBH.I had married and moved several times.
Although a friend did say you should have got in contact and asked.Still too late now .
I was at a single sex school (yes that means girls ) and a lot of them were always trying to outdo each other. Tedious and unpleasant.
I had SPOTS !!!

The film 'Romy and Michele's High School Reunion' is reminiscent of school days ... vaguely, kind of, maybe

Nice film anyway.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

09-07-2017, 05:19 PM

I was at a single sex school (yes that means girls ) and a lot of them were always trying to outdo each other. Tedious and unpleasant.
I had SPOTS !!!

The film 'Romy and Michele's High School Reunion' is reminiscent of school days ... vaguely, kind of, maybe

Nice film anyway.
Not a pleasant experience for you then.

My school was mixed with the girls competing with the boys.
We had lots of fun as well.

That was in the days when boys were well behaved and had some manners.

Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Not a pleasant experience for you then.

My school was mixed with the girls competing with the boys.
We had lots of fun as well.

That was in the days when boys were well behaved and had some manners.

I disliked secondary school. My primary school was very near home but Grammar school was a half hour train ride away and not many of the girls lived near me.

Even though I became spotty, I did go out with one of the best looking boys at the boys' school
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

09-07-2017, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
On Friends United, now gone, it was disconcerting to be contacted by people who claimed to know you from School Days and you had no idea who they were!

Luckily they did not give out addresses or Email's so you could ignore them.
Imagine some one turning up at the family home out of the blue !
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos

09-07-2017, 05:30 PM

I disliked secondary school. My primary school was very near home but Grammar school was a half hour train ride away and not many of the girls lived near me.

Even though I became spotty, I did go out with one of the best looking boys at the boys' school

Going out with the best look boys at the boy's school must be a very happy memory.

Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

09-07-2017, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Going out with the best look boys at the boy's school must be a very happy memory.

Hmmmm ... we met again some ten years later.
Bumped into each other somewhere but I wouldn't want to meet him again.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top