Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 06:26 PM

Re: Long Live Irreverence!

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I got the gist and just skimmed!
I must confess I did too when I first saw it!
But then as I was reading it properly and copying it to here I found it much funnier!

I love the way it shows the gap between the elders and the young with The What????
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Is The High Priestess likely to go forth unto the wilderness for forty days and nights at all?
That would be good!
Oh, I can't resist .. I'll write an epilogue.

And the High Priestess, in moribund mood, went forth into the wilderness and wandered for forty days and forty nights ... for peace, and for respite from her critics.

Where friendless and in need of a hug , she chanced upon two strangers, who proffered advice and at first she shunned them and turned away with cloth in her ears, as once bitten and thus embittered so twice shy, she had no want to hear false promises of success and a increased majority from false allies and friends.

Saith one, a handsome chap, ... as she turned away ... 'Go not to the Tower of Babel where 27 languages are babbled for the exit fee is 100 billion fishes. Do not enter for there is no exit. Marks my words, and call me Alexander the Great .. and remember the Gordian Knot.'
She faltered, hesitant .. pausing to listen, ducking in alarm as a swarm of locusts flew over her head in perfect formation on their way to Great Britain.
'Hurry .. the end is nigh' urged the man's companion, his handsomeness marred by the knife sticking out of his back and the stab wounds to his body but which did nothing to detract from his comely legs and rather sexy toga. 'Remember the wise words of Julius Caesar and beware the Ides of March!'

Now truly alarmed the High Priestess wrapped her sack cloth around her and ran .. and ran .. until she came to a jetty and a ramp. Which led to a big wooden boat. Where a stream of refugees walked in pairs, two by two, to board and gain safety and the land of milk and honey..
Except ... she was but one. Not two.
Desperate for a partner she cast around her. Spotted a woman she recognised! Arlene Foster wearing a sandwich board stencilled with the prophecy, DUP Rules . But Arlene turned her face away, as to couple with another woman was anathema... and same sex union was sin.
And that is when the High Priestess knew she was doomed .. for at the top of the ramp, about to enter the ark was Jeremy Corbyn, with one comradely arm around Noah and the other around Dianne Abbot.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 06:43 PM

Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 09:54 PM

Excellent post Ruthio - I shall copy that for future use
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Oh, I can't resist .. I'll write an epilogue.

And the High Priestess, in moribund mood, went forth into the wilderness and wandered for forty days and forty nights ... for peace, and for respite from her critics.

Where friendless and in need of a hug , she chanced upon two strangers, who proffered advice and at first she shunned them and turned away with cloth in her ears, as once bitten and thus embittered so twice shy, she had no want to hear false promises of success and a increased majority from false allies and friends.

Saith one, a handsome chap, ... as she turned away ... 'Go not to the Tower of Babel where 27 languages are babbled for the exit fee is 100 billion fishes. Do not enter for there is no exit. Marks my words, and call me Alexander the Great .. and remember the Gordian Knot.'
She faltered, hesitant .. pausing to listen, ducking in alarm as a swarm of locusts flew over her head in perfect formation on their way to Great Britain.
'Hurry .. the end is nigh' urged the man's companion, his handsomeness marred by the knife sticking out of his back and the stab wounds to his body but which did nothing to detract from his comely legs and rather sexy toga. 'Remember the wise words of Julius Caesar and beware the Ides of March!'

Now truly alarmed the High Priestess wrapped her sack cloth around her and ran .. and ran .. until she came to a jetty and a ramp. Which led to a big wooden boat. Where a stream of refugees walked in pairs, two by two, to board and gain safety and the land of milk and honey..
Except ... she was but one. Not two.
Desperate for a partner she cast around her. Spotted a woman she recognised! Arlene Foster wearing a sandwich board stencilled with the prophecy, DUP Rules . But Arlene turned her face away, as to couple with another woman was anathema... and same sex union was sin.
And that is when the High Priestess knew she was doomed .. for at the top of the ramp, about to enter the ark was Jeremy Corbyn, with one comradely arm around Noah and the other around Dianne Abbot.
You are brilliant....and bloody mad
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2017, 11:17 PM

Can Judas be in it as well please?
Plump with blond hair perhaps?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I got the gist and just skimmed!
Hi

I thought you didn't do skimmed.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I thought you didn't do skimmed.
Swimmy. It's funny you should say that but l did buy semi skimmed lately and to me it's like water! A cup of tea is horrible with it! I only use a dash of full cream milk in a cup of tea and it's lovely!
To keep on topic.....

Hebrews 5:13

For everyone who partakes only of milk is not accustomed to the word of righteousness, for he is an infant.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top