Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 10:19 AM

Re: Murder by man of 96

Oh gosh Cass. That is heartbreaking.
But at the same time I do understand it.
Sure hope i"m never in the same situation.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
A double suicide happened last year in a village near to me. Both partners were sick and they felt that because one had dementia the other MS they would be put into different homes.
So they ate their yogurt laced with enough pain meds and sleeping pills to down an elephant laid on the bed and died hand in hand.

Their children said they had talked about this but the children never thought mum and dad would go through with it.
Luckilty many places are now being built with mixed needs in mind so that partners can stay together right up until the end.

Well I guess it was the old couple's right to choose to go together like that, Cass, but it is still so very sad.

I will never agree to couples being sent to different care homes, it is morally wrong IMO.

This is assuming they WANT to stay together of course, some might be glad to see the bac of him/her after years of unhappiness.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 08:42 PM

A few years ago my son's friends Father killed his Mother,hitting her many times with a brick,,claiming she'd been attacked by intruders, no one could understand why he did it as he was always a gentle .placid man, and theyd always seemed happy together,he was found guilty and went to prison for a few years, now out and living with a daughter

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top