Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 10:03 PM

Re: LOTR Remade?

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I can cope with them leaving things out of a film - no-one could possibly film any book word for word - it's when they add in characters or events that did not and never would have been there that really annoys me.
That's interesting. I can't remember just how many female characters feature in the films, but I'm pretty sure that there aren't many in the books.

When they were written, of course, women didn't go on adventures!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I can cope with them leaving things out of a film - no-one could possibly film any book word for word - it's when they add in characters or events that did not and never would have been there that really annoys me.
The more I think about The Hobbit and LOTR the more I wonder about the very point you have raised. Take The Hobbit and the rather unsavoury romance between a dwarf (Kili) and elf (Tauriel)? Not only was this contentious enough but she never existed in the novel in the first place . What was that all about? A show that multiculturalism can work or something?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
The more I think about The Hobbit and LOTR the more I wonder about the very point you have raised. Take The Hobbit and the rather unsavoury romance between a dwarf (Kili) and elf (Tauriel)? Not only was this contentious enough but she never existed in the novel in the first place . What was that all about? A show that multiculturalism can work or something?

Multiculturalism is trendy these days!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top