Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Geoff
North East UK
Geoff is male 

01-12-2010, 12:08 PM

Re: Swearing in the street - is it an age thing or a class thing?

It's always been around but what else can you expect Young Parents walk around using bad languge and holding their childrens hand at the same time so it's just normal to them.
june1958
Lancashire
june1958 is female  june1958 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2010, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Geoff ->
It's always been around but what else can you expect Young Parents walk around using bad languge and holding their childrens hand at the same time so it's just normal to them.
That is part of the problem, monkey see, monkey do
I am an OLDER parent and my 4 year old holds my hand and never hears swear words lol Up to now, he has only ever to my knowledge swore twice and that was what he learnt from another child.
I do feel sorry for teachers today, Jakes' teacher loves him because he is so old school and that is the way I and his dad were brought up and we have passed our values on to him!

June x
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2010, 02:25 PM

I find it a shame too. Swearing should be reserved for when you really need to vent steam - like when you hit the hammer on your thumb!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top