Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2017, 10:29 AM

Re: Great film quotes

This is my 'cheer me up film' its daft but I love it.
Jumping Jack Flash with Whoopie Goldburg..as Terry Doolittle:
What is it with you people? Every time you see a black woman there has to be a pimp or a John? What, do you think there's good business on the pier for hookers? Do you think I'm giving blow jobs down there to goldfish?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKC6UsetwN4
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2017, 10:34 AM

Billy Ray: "Yeah. You know, it occurs to me that the best way you hurt rich people is by turning them into poor people."

Trading Places
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2017, 11:19 AM

Kung Fu Panda ...

Oogway: Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, but Today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.

Oogway: “Your mind is like this water, my friend. When it gets agitated, it becomes difficult to see. But if you allow it to settle, the answer becomes clear.”
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2017, 11:22 AM

So, do you feel lucky punk...

Clint Eastwood, Dirty Harry.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2017, 02:08 PM

One of my favourite quotes from one of my all-time favourite films - Casablanca featuring Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman:

"Rick Blaine: If that plane leaves the ground and you're not with him, you'll regret it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life.
Ilsa: But what about us?
Rick Blaine: We'll always have Paris. We didn't have it before...we'd...we'd lost it until you came to Casablanca. We got it back last night.
Ilsa: When I said I would never leave you...
Rick Blaine: And you never will. But I've got a job to do too. Where I'm going, you can't follow. What I've got to do, you can't be any part of. Ilsa, I'm no good at being noble, but it doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. Someday you'll understand that. Here's looking at you, kid."

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2017, 04:03 PM

'Only those who risk going too far, find out how far they can go'

That's a quote from Fringe but I believe it's based on a quote by T S Elliot.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2017, 05:44 PM

Frequently said by Mark Harmon (Leroy Jethro Gibbs) in the series NCIS "Never apologise, it's a sign of weakness", but this was borrowed from John Wayne in the film "She wore a yellow Ribbon"
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2017, 07:20 PM

This has to be one of the best from Taken.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgmO32IdwuE
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2017, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
This has to be one of the best from Taken.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgmO32IdwuE
I love that quote.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

29-04-2017, 09:11 AM

From Apollo 13:

'If they could get a washing machine to fly, my Jimmy could land it'

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top