Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 01:31 PM

Re: Good Morning thursday

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
t'was cloudy and cold first thing this morning - so much so, I even had to fire up the c/h. Now though the clouds have dispersed, the sun is shining and its beginning to warm up. Have been back to the 'vampire' clinic and had yet more blood phials extracted. Hopefully platelets will be ok and I can start the chemo-therapy early tomorrow morning.
I hope all goes well for you. Here is a tip.... expect to be ill for a few days after Chemo, and if you find you are not, it will feel like a bonus.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I hope all goes well for you. Here is a tip.... expect to be ill for a few days after Chemo, and if you find you are not, it will feel like a bonus.

Thank you Twink darlin' - yes I've already been warned about that - says I might get the 'shakes'.

This is what they're shoving inside me:

Rituximab

Administered Intravenously
Suppress immune system; decrease platelet destruction Common: Fever, chills, rash with infusion. Possible increased risk for infection Rarely: may cause severe allergic reaction, late allergic arthritis or kidney failure.

Apparent;ly its the same stuff they give to patients who are suffering Liver or Kidney cancer.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Thank you Twink darlin' - yes I've already been warned about that - says I might get the 'shakes'.

This is what they're shoving inside me:

Rituximab

Administered Intravenously
Suppress immune system; decrease platelet destruction Common: Fever, chills, rash with infusion. Possible increased risk for infection Rarely: may cause severe allergic reaction, late allergic arthritis or kidney failure.

Apparent;ly its the same stuff they give to patients who are suffering Liver or Kidney cancer.
Just a little advice from somebody who has been through something similar.

Don't go to the doctors if you feel ill, call them out to your home. Avoiding contact with people will help you avoid catching infections.

Don't be brave, call somebody out as soon as you feel ill.

Try to stay positive because, although you may feel really bad, the effects of the Chemo do fade and rarely do any permanent damage.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Has anyone noticed we haven't had our

GOOD MORNING THURSDAY thread today?
So here it is.
I certainly noticed its absence and have been champing at the bit.

Too late now

thank you Mups
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Just a little advice from somebody who has been through something similar.

Don't go to the doctors if you feel ill, call them out to your home. Avoiding contact with people will help you avoid catching infections.

Don't be brave, call somebody out as soon as you feel ill.

Try to stay positive because, although you may feel really bad, the effects of the Chemo do fade and rarely do any permanent damage.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Thank you Twink darlin' I will certainly take your advice to heart.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 02:44 PM

Best of luck with it UJ

XXX and hugs
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 02:46 PM

Rachel, instead of champing at the bit why not start the thread yourself?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

20-04-2017, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Best of luck with it UJ

XXX and hugs
Thank you Rachel darlin'. Have just this minute placed the (Real Pie Company) pies in the oven to cook - ready to take with me tomorrow. Chemo-therapy or no chemo-therapy I'm not about to miss my lunch!!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top