Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 09:14 AM

Re: You could be fined

I had a sat hav garmin before I got my phone I can't imagine abandoning that and starting again with my phone, too many useful addresses programmed into it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
no probs I don't have a mobile phone or smartphone only a car built in sat nav
I have built in Sat Nav too but I guess it is illegal to set it when driving although not illegal to change a cd or tune the radio.

If a McDonalds drive through is considered as being on the highway I wonder if they could fine us for using a mobile when parked on our drive?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have built in Sat Nav too but I guess it is illegal to set it when driving although not illegal to change a cd or tune the radio.

If a McDonalds drive through is considered as being on the highway I wonder if they could fine us for using a mobile when parked on our drive?
No, because it's private land....there's no reason for the public to be on it....except by invite...ie postman etc.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

My garmin pops up and reminds you to pull over if you touch the screen, just won't allow you to set it if you are moving. It's just a bog standard off the shelf one. If one company can do it then others can IMO perhaps they should roll it out for phones too.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2017, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
perhaps they should roll it out for phones too.

I wish... This morning at the traffic lights we glanced sideways and a guy in a van was texting/apping? wrists on the steering wheel thumbs zapping across the screen. We turned onto the ring road and he followed crossing the white line between the lanes, he was then behind us and as we approached the roadworks with lane closure his speed stayed the same until the last minute when he pulled over and slammed on the brakes.
In the rearview mirror we could see he was now talking on the phone...
Once through the roadworks his zig zagged in traffic causing one car to brake really hard and then turned left at the next set of lights.

I managed to get a good photo of the back of the van so that I could contact his firm with a picture of the number plate but sadly my attempt at a photo of him phoning didnt come out because of the dog guard in my car.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top