Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2010, 05:55 PM

Re: Is your glass half full or half empty?

I tend to respond in the manner I`m addressed. I can get snappy when faced by pr*ts though.
While I think it`s important to have good manners, I also think it doesn`t do to let people walk all over you. So if someone`s rude to me I let them know.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2010, 10:43 PM

I was always taught that "it's nice to be nice".
telmar
yorkshire uk
telmar is female  telmar has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2010, 03:49 PM

My glass is always half full (even though sometimes, I must admit, it is quite an effort to stay like this!) I always try to be polite and courteous, but, if I am riled, can really stick up for myself!!I do not have one living blood relative left but I have the most fantastic husband(wouldn't tell him that tho') and good friends, so I really am truly blessed. My two dogs are my 'babies' and they certainly help if I sometimes feel 'down'. Maggie
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2010, 04:52 PM

I never have an half full/empty glass or bottle for that matter. Once there is something in your glass or an open bottle it is like having visitors and ignoring them if you leave it as it is.
Sorry, could'nt resist.

I was brought up to say it as it is plus if it is about a deceased person 'If you can't say something nice dont say anything ay all'.

Courtesy where it is due, sterness where it is needed.
telmar
yorkshire uk
telmar is female  telmar has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2010, 05:25 PM

Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2010, 06:59 PM

I have just read an Email from a young Lady who works with me (around 700 people under me).

Due to my health I have been off for 6 months now and she wrote to say that they all miss me and want to see me back soon, that I am in all their prayers and thoughts.

We have a workforce that is quite diverse, Sunni Muslims outnumber the Christians and I applaud their true belief in God, Allah or whatever. It has made me think about having a faith. I believe that something made us and we evolved from something of which I know not.

So for me my glass is overflowing with the kindness of others.

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2010, 07:47 PM

Multi-cultured labour is fairly new to Dublin, but when I started my apprenticeship in a small jewellery workshop in 1960 we had several Nationalitys. The boss was from Trinidad, my 'Master' was Turkish, a diamond setter from Spain, a Greek polisher, two London goldsmiths, and a French engraver. Not bad for only 12 people in the place.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2010, 07:52 PM

I'm kind of torn on this question, about 50/50%. LOL
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2010, 11:16 AM

I had a very odd time between 15 and 18 with a lot of "Finding my self"

Since then my cup has always been 100% full.

My life as others have had has had some sadnees in it.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2010, 11:50 AM

I love to pose as a grumpy old man who can't even find his glass, let alone see how much is in it. The reality is that I have never been so happy and every day feels like a wonderful gift. I am blessed with a wonderful partner, a wonderful family and great friends.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top