Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 09:03 AM

Re: Are You Comfortable?

I can see two empty houses from mine, one has been left empty for years, the owner in care home. Now they've died it will be sold for development and profits shared by the children.
None of them cared for the owner.
I know someone who sold a house in France and claimed destitution when returning, she was given a sheltered bungalow and keeps her money under her bed so as not to show up in her bank account.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 09:41 AM

Supremely so, here I sit in my recliner armchair beside a large c/h radiator which is lovely and warm. Have eaten my breakfast and drunk my coffee (and forgotten about them) and starting to think what I can have for lunch.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 12:26 PM

See UJ, this regime ain't so bad.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
See UJ, this regime ain't so bad.

This regime has nothing to do with my comfort, I bought this chair myself.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I can see two empty houses from mine, one has been left empty for years, the owner in care home. Now they've died it will be sold for development and profits shared by the children.
None of them cared for the owner.
I know someone who sold a house in France and claimed destitution when returning, she was given a sheltered bungalow and keeps her money under her bed so as not to show up in her bank account.
What happens then though when money changes and after a set amount of time is no longer legal tender?

In the past, when we had a business I would withdraw large sums in cash to pay for cars etc., they used to ask me what the money was for! Today, the banks are really up on money laundering.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 01:34 PM

Why on earth would anyone want to throw themselves on the charity of the council if they didn't need to, we went from homelessness real homelessness into our social housing. It was a life line got us off the streets. We were lucky very lucky to get it. But it's not what we'd really like, if we had a house or flat we owned we would be so much better off.

They may well live to regret it if the council can't help them, end up in one room b&b kicked out during daylight hours.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Why on earth would anyone want to throw themselves on the charity of the council if they didn't need to, we went from homelessness real homelessness into our social housing. It was a life line got us off the streets. We were lucky very lucky to get it. But it's not what we'd really like, if we had a house or flat we owned we would be so much better off.

They may well live to regret it if the council can't help them, end up in one room b&b kicked out during daylight hours.
You make a good point, Julie. It's a pity the silly people aren't here to read it.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
This regime has nothing to do with my comfort, I bought this chair myself.
Maybe it's not about the Chair but the fact, you can recline in it unimpeded.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

09-02-2017, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Maybe it's not about the Chair but the fact, you can recline in it unimpeded.
Implying I would be impeded - by whom???
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2017, 06:34 PM

I've just received the first 'distribution' of a fairly large Estate.
Under our assets/income tests, I will henceforth receive almost nothing from any level of government.

I try to be positive and say that government pensions/benefits should be a 'safety net' only for those in dire need.
But sometimes it irks a bit.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top