Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 03:04 PM

Re: I have difficulty recognising faces!

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I suspect that we all do this at times,
A change of hairstyle, unusual clothing, or even a different environment can make people look different. A dog rarely changes his hairstyle, doesn't wear clothes, and is usually with it's owner, so is a big help when trying to recognize the person at the other end of the lead.

This is very true. I have often seen a face I recognise, but can't remember where from for the life of me.
It usually turns out it's because they are not in the environment I normally see them in, or have not got their usual uniform on - be it overalls, aprons, nurses etc etc.

Don't worry Tarantula, I think there are many of us it happens to, you are not alone.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 04:05 PM

The dogs are important to me the owners not so.. People met without the dog are often passed unrecognised.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 04:15 PM

It's not a problem until you don't recognise the face looking back at you.........in the mirror.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
It's not a problem until you don't recognise the face looking back at you.........in the mirror.
Oh I try to avoid that one if at all possible, it is so frightening!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 04:28 PM

I've had the problem all of my life, people from my past come up and chat like we're old friends and I haven't a clue who they are! At least it hasn't got worse over the years but then again how could it...
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 04:41 PM

I noticed a young woman in Asda recently and spent a few days pondering where I knew her from. Yup, she was out of her Morrisons cafe uniform!!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Oh I try to avoid that one if at all possible, it is so frightening!
now......that does surprise me....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 07:24 PM

I had some woman chatting me up by the free donuts in Screwfix -didn't have clue who she was. Turns out it was Jennifer Aniston. I don't even remember going out with her.
Cam
USA
Cam is female  Cam has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2017, 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Anyone has this come on rather than been like it all your life should get alone to your GP, it can be a sign of various things happening some worse than others. But get it checked out is wisest IMO
I agree, Julie. It could even be a harbinger of impending dementia, assuming that diagnosis hasn't already been made.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2017, 09:35 AM

I know I am senile I don't need a doctor to tell me that!

Seriously though, I did a face blindness test on the NET and it doesn't appear I have anything to concern myself about. I suspect my lack of recognition of certain face it more down to lack of interest than anything else.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top