Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 11:43 AM

Re: John Bercow MP

http://truepublica.org.uk/united-kin...e-john-bercow/
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 11:53 AM

Thanks Cinderella, interesting article:

'Bercow’s moralising is also misplaced. Here’s a headline from just a few months ago “COMMONS ‘COVER-UP’ FURY MP told Speaker John Bercow about Keith Vaz sex claims a year ago but Bercow ‘wanted to protect his pal.” We shouldn’t forget that Bercow has his own expenses scandal he’d like the public to forget such as the FOI request that revealed the public has paid for hundreds of postcard-sized photographs of the himself, nearly £2,000 worth of beeswax candles and the tuning of his grand piano. His expenses now amount to over half a million pounds of state aid a year.

As far as state visits are concerned, Bercow should not forget that Britain has a tradition of welcoming dictators and despots when it’s convenient'.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 11:54 AM

Shows you just how ignorant this journalist is:

(extract from the article); In the meantime, Theresa May has warned MP’s that “now is not the time to obstruct the will of the British people” – which unelected John Bercow has just set out to do.

John Bercow is actually an ELECTED MP, and was ELECTED by the members of the 'HOUSE' to be its Speaker.

Thus he is entitled to speak and voice his opinion and more so, to represent the views of a large number of the MPs themselves. It was interesting that, contrary to usual procedure, a large number of MPs actually applauded his remarks.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 12:54 PM

There seems to be much applauding for riding roughshod over procedure in many walks of life of late.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 01:20 PM

He has been dubbed the Marmite man.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I can't stand the four foot slime ball. Odious person.
Oh, I think we should try to understand him.

I believe he is suffering from 'little man syndrome'. The usual symptoms of this are a feeble attempt by the patient to make himself appear important and influential.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 01:27 PM

So then UJ, let's see if I've got this straight

What you're saying is that as John Bercow was democratically elected he is entitled to express his opinions, and to have them accepted & respected

Donald Trump was also democratically elected, so shouldn't the same privilege be shown to him?

consider the leaders that John Bercow has been cosying up to, and the hypocrisy is glaringly obvious

www.order-order.com
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
So then UJ, let's see if I've got this straight

What you're saying is that as John Bercow was democratically elected he is entitled to express his opinions, and to have them accepted & respected

Donald Trump was also democratically elected, so shouldn't the same privilege be shown to him?

consider the leaders that John Bercow has been cosying up to, and the hypocrisy is glaringly obvious

www.order-order.com
I wonder what was in it for him?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->

www.order-order.com
Well it is perfectly clear where his loyalties lie, and it's not to Britain.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 02:28 PM

Trump much as I personally dislike him is an elected president and I didn't hear Berkow yelling about many of the despots, unelected that we've welcomed to uk over the years.

What about trump makes him so bad but others that have dine far worse ok ?

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top