Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 01:12 PM

Re: Reading to babies

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
I often wonder if I am a ghost on this site.
Why is that then M ?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
I often wonder if I am a ghost on this site.
You shouldn't! I just read your post and loved it...But you mustn't always expect a reply to a post, just have your say and know it will be read by lots of people.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 07:32 PM

I have been doing that for some years now. Take no notice, just indulging in a bit of self pity
Lizzie Jones
Canada
Lizzie Jones is female  Lizzie Jones has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I think it is a good idea. They reckon that when a woman is pregnant and strokes her tummy and coos to the baby , it makes them calm.
My oldest son used to kick and kick and kick when I was pregnant with him since the time I first felt him. It was no use trying to get to sleep until I put a transistor radio on and set it near my abdomen. I slept on my side back then. Only then did he quiet down.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 08:35 PM

Come on you all knew I would reply My father never read to me,nor did mother. He had to wait 9 months to get a victim.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 11:21 PM

I didn't get any of those things either. Mother was a cold fish but I know dad loved me. But no. None of us kids were told a bed time story. We were never abused though, although two of the boys got a clip around the ear from time to time.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 11:55 PM

When I was a nipper my Nan would tell me all the nursery rhymes she knew and I loved hearing them them over, and over and over much to her chagrin but she would usually relaunch her repertoire to keep me happy.

I loved my old Nan from her tip to her toe, she had the patience of a Saint and she needed it with me.

Remembering this, when I was nearly due, I bought a stack of nursery rhyme books and set about re-learning the old ones and memorising some new ones.

When I would be feeding her, I would start going through them. I can see her now in my minds eye gazing up at me and watching my lips form the shape of the words.

How that kid loved books as she grew up, from age two we joined the library and went every Thursday. She absolutely loved this.

I used to buy her a book every time we went to Town usually two or three times a week.

The toys she had and all she wanted was books. I like to think it was something I set up in her but who really knows.

Thanks for a very nice trip down memory lane.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 11:57 PM

Aaw, that's lovely Silbee. Lovely memories for you. Thanks for sharing.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2017, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Aaw, that's lovely Silbee. Lovely memories for you. Thanks for sharing.
Thumbs up sorta smiley.

I'll be thinking about it for a bit now, lol ...
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2017, 01:33 AM

My daughter used to move to music whilst in the womb....as mentioned, we talk to our new born s all the time..but...how would they know the difference between that and a story?

Sounds like a load of balkcocks to me.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top