Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2017, 09:35 AM

Re: My lease extension fiasco

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Jazzi, How annoying for you, especially at the start of the new year! I hope when you go in to see them tomorrow, they will start to make progress and maybe by Spring it should be all sorted!!

PS. Any news on the taps you returned?
The process should take about 6-8 weeks, I think. I asked another solicitor yesterday when I checked for other quotes. The HA said it usually completes well within that 4 month limit.

Yes, Victoria Plumbing reimbursed me for the part I sent back, but not the p&p.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2017, 10:28 AM

Texts duly received from the solicitors, then an email stating she had 'resent the texts'!!

Come off it! This was the first time. I still had to email and ask how much I was expected to send. Tell you what, I don't have much confidence in this lot.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

04-01-2017, 10:53 AM

Oh it don't end there! My fault, probably, for not waiting for another answer.

I asked her how much I needed to transfer. She replied, we need £500 on account.

So I went into my bank online, transferred £500 from one account to another, and duly sent it to theirs.

I then emailed her and asked, what about the fees to the other solicitors? Do I pay theirs yet?

Yes, we need their £1,000 from you and would need you to also transfer this....blah blah blah....!

At this point I screamed in frustration, as I needed to go BACK into my online account, and go through the whole process again.

I know she is a trainee solicitor but really, she is testing my patience.

I was so blimming annoyed I only sent a one word email, saying 'Done'.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

04-01-2017, 03:19 PM

Good grief. Even the receptionist had failed charm school!!
Lochsong
The Scrubs !!!
Lochsong is female  Lochsong has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2017, 10:50 PM

Jazzi, report the matter to the Senior Partner of the Solicitors, and ask for a detailed explanation as to their very bad handling of the transaction. I'm not too keen on your dealing with the matter by way of emails. Make sure you keep all the emails in a folder, as you may well be asked to produce them, which would mean printing them off.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

04-01-2017, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Lochsong ->
Jazzi, report the matter to the Senior Partner of the Solicitors, and ask for a detailed explanation as to their very bad handling of the transaction. I'm not too keen on your dealing with the matter by way of emails. Make sure you keep all the emails in a folder, as you may well be asked to produce them, which would mean printing them off.
I'm one step ahead of you! Printed them out this morning.

But surely a paper trail is better than phone calls, that are harder to copy?

I'll wait till the extension is finalised, and consider whether I have grounds for complaint. I'm not rocking the boat now they have most of my money. I want the deed done, and without hiccups along the way.
Lochsong
The Scrubs !!!
Lochsong is female  Lochsong has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2017, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I'm one step ahead of you! Printed them out this morning.

But surely a paper trail is better than phone calls, that are harder to copy?

I'll wait till the extension is finalised, and consider whether I have grounds for complaint. I'm not rocking the boat now they have most of my money. I want the deed done, and without hiccups along the way.
No, what I meant was, I feel they should be dealing with the matter by way of letters (posted). I entirely agree, don't go rocking the boat now.

You say the woman handling the matter is only a trainee. What capacity does she hold - do you know? Is she only a layman, or does she have legal training? If she is an articled clerk, she will have taken exams.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

06-01-2017, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Lochsong ->
No, what I meant was, I feel they should be dealing with the matter by way of letters (posted). I entirely agree, don't go rocking the boat now.

You say the woman handling the matter is only a trainee. What capacity does she hold - do you know? Is she only a layman, or does she have legal training? If she is an articled clerk, she will have taken exams.
I don't have a clue. The company was recommended on social media, and I'd had a hell of a job finding a firm to do lease extensions, so went with my gut instinct. Wish I'd ignored it now!

I have had no physical letters in the post. Anything written has been attached to an email and which I had to download and print off.

Quite annoyed that she hasn't yet acknowledged receipt of the signed forms, the ID, or the funds. I emailed asking for that on Wednesday afternoon. Hmmmm......
Lochsong
The Scrubs !!!

07-01-2017, 09:19 PM

Do you mean to tell me Jazzi, they actually accepted your ID via email??? Sounds very fishy to me
Lochsong
The Scrubs !!!

07-01-2017, 09:20 PM

Having just re-read your post, I take it you took the ID in personally when you visited the firm? Ring her and say you want it back pronto

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top