Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 12:57 AM

Re: Gym membership cost

Hi

If you need exercise, get a job.

Paying for a Gym?

No way.

Go and clean out a chicken shed, £150 a day and all the exercise you need.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 01:08 AM

Or, like my wife and I, go for a two- or three-mile walk on a weekend (unless the weather is foul). FREE!

BTW, we have a nice exercise bike in perfect condition which we never use now if anyone's interested in buying it.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 07:00 AM

I think that's about right for two people, with the pool as well.
I pay £12.49 per month, anytime, no contract for a very well-equipped gym, but there's no pool which I'm not fussed about anyway.
Emerald
Yorkshire
Emerald is female  Emerald has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2016, 09:49 AM

I'm a member of a private gym at £48 a month. I did this after losing my beloved elderly dog which I used to walk for about 2 hrs every day in the local park (a huge one by the way). I don't want to get another dog, so decided to take up the gym membership in order to hopefully replicate my usual exercise.
Now what is interesting, is that I have become a member of a 'gang' there. All of them either retired or disabled in some way and so available all day. The majority of them arrive at the gym at about 8.30am, usually have a shower, then have a breakfast at the bar, lounge around on the softly padded sofas, read the daily newspapers and exchange all the gossip.
They're using the place like a social club. They save on heating and hot water, have company all day and then return home at about 4.30pm.
So for about £12 a week they are not lonely at home and have entertaining company. Can't be bad aye?
I of course use all the facilities and am superfit.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top