Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2016, 01:28 AM

Re: Have things changed, or is it me?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Mups, It's all in your head! Be cautious but not paranoid as it will drive you mad!

OK Art. I expect you're right.
I'll leave me pepper spray, alarm and taser at home next time I go out.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2016, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I may be naive ...
But I still hold true to the belief that all humans are good in the core
If not then it's because of situations beyond anyone's control
And therefore not something we should worry about

Yes indeed you are naive Rhian.
Many humans are not good to the core .
Many humans do terrible things .
Of course we should worry a little i.e. be a bit cautious.
It's known as self preservation .
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2016, 07:24 AM

I agree Rhian most folks are just going about their business and if you chatted to them they would be most likely be nice people but we all have grumpy days.

I rarely go into large towns, I was in the new John Lewis in Leeds the other day though.... Very swish it was too, I didn't notice any grumpy folks but have to admit I didn't look for them
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2016, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
OK Art. I expect you're right.
I'll leave me pepper spray, alarm and taser at home next time I go out.
Not sure Mups just because your paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you

Keep the pepper spray and alarm you should not be in possession of a taser !
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2016, 09:04 AM

There was a time I was feeling deeply saddened about our world , life and people . It really got to me and I felt sad and concerned . I was working with an elderly client and he said completely out of the blue

"When you look at the world it seems a frightening place and people scarey , yet when you meet them on a one to one basis they are nice .

I often think of his words it helps me when I'm feeling like you mups
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2016, 09:50 AM

In large towns you get a collection of many different kinds of people Mups, but the majority wont harm you.
The homeless are there because it is warmer and offers shelter. The aggressive shoppers are probably angry because they have so much to do and little time to do it.
The inadequate lighting on car parks, and the like, are not will lit because the council is trying to reduce expenditure.
Of course there are some dangers, but they could exist anywhere.... even down your street. I hate crowds and shopping, so I avoid large towns, like I would avoid the plague, but if you have to go always remember this........
a) When you were young and wearing different fashions to the older generation, didn't the older folk give you some strange looks?
b) Would you have noticed people behaving strangely, as though they were going to steal things, when you were young and had plenty of other things to divert your attention?
c) Yes there are baddies in this world, but they were always there..... there just may be a few more of them these days.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2016, 10:52 AM

Murder when the real world impinges on the fantasy lifestyle of Suburbia, Nimbyism rears its ugly head, take them away and hide them, bring back the workhouses, or send them to Australia.

Its putting me off me croissants watching them siting down and doing some shopping.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2016, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
In large towns you get a collection of many different kinds of people Mups, but the majority wont harm you.
The homeless are there because it is warmer and offers shelter. The aggressive shoppers are probably angry because they have so much to do and little time to do it.
The inadequate lighting on car parks, and the like, are not will lit because the council is trying to reduce expenditure.
Of course there are some dangers, but they could exist anywhere.... even down your street. I hate crowds and shopping, so I avoid large towns, like I would avoid the plague, but if you have to go always remember this........
a) When you were young and wearing different fashions to the older generation, didn't the older folk give you some strange looks.
b) Would you have noticed people behaving strangely, as though they were going to steal things, when you were young and had plenty of other things to divert your attention.
c) Yes there are baddies in this world, but they were always there..... there just may be a few more of them these days.

Twink, it was the woman on the till who told me that.
I believe it was something to do with some perfume she picked up and moved elsewhere. Maybe they were already known to her - dunno.

BTW, incase anyone thinks I'm a paranoid fruit cake, I WAS JOKING about the alarm, pepper spray and taser!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

25-11-2016, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Murder when the real world impinges on the fantasy lifestyle of Suburbia, Nimbyism rears its ugly head, take them away and hide them, bring back the workhouses, or send them to Australia.

Its putting me off me croissants watching them siting down and doing some shopping.

Oh Gawd. I'm beginning to wish I'd never said anything now.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2016, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Twink, it was the woman on the till who told me that.
I believe it was something to do with some perfume she picked up and moved elsewhere. Maybe they were already known to her - dunno.
Well it isn't your job to find the criminals Mups, so just get on with your shopping and try to avoid being in places where you are on your own!
You never know in a crowd, where somebody tries to steal your bag, there may be a handsome hero who comes to protect you!

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top