Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 08:49 AM

Re: Babies Names

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
My new little grandson has been called Teddy, we didn't like the choice of name at first but have now got used to it....here he is
A great photo Malcolm. He looks like a happy little chap. I also have a Teddy in the family and think it's good name.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 08:51 AM

I often read the 'Out of the mouths of babes' section in the Mail and am amazed at the number of weird names given to children. I feel a bit sorry for them tbh.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
My new little grandson has been called Teddy, we didn't like the choice of name at first but have now got used to it....here he is
What a wee cutie, I have a cousin called Teddy but it's a nickname for Edward up here..
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 08:56 AM

The name Merlin has been carried forward in each generation of my in-laws, usually as a middle name.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 08:57 AM

I think they are trying to be different tbh it's rather sad for the children, not much different to men who name their kids after an entire football team. When Grace was born tasha was keen on a goth group and had to be talked out of calling her acantha, the name is lovely but we could see her having problems at school and having to explain it for rest of her life. Luckily hormones settled down and she got her mind back before naming her.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

25-08-2016, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I think they are trying to be different tbh it's rather sad for the children, not much different to men who name their kids after an entire football team. When Grace was born tasha was keen on a goth group and had to be talked out of calling her acantha, the name is lovely but we could see her having problems at school and having to explain it for rest of her life. Luckily hormones settled down and she got her mind back before naming her.
Good on you Julie. You have to think of the child at school. Anyone who stands out as being different will probably suffer which is a sad fact.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
The name Merlin has been carried forward in each generation of my in-laws, usually as a middle name.
I worked with a girl called Merlin, a scientific assistant if I recall - her father designed the Merlin aero engine of WW2 - she told me....hence her Christian name.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 09:51 AM

I think some celebrities give strange names just to show the world they can! For most people I think their choice of strange names is an attempt to make their children more noticeable. Many children don't like their given name, but if it is fairly normal, they usually find a more acceptable shortened version.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

25-08-2016, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I actually really like the name Merlin but I can imagine all the jokes from other kids. I suppose as a middle name it's ok.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2016, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I will hold my hands up and admit that I really thought about calling my children Ocean and if I had a girl ...Strawberry.....thankfully I saw sense and they are now both the proud holders of normal boys names...they will never know how close they came lol...

I don't think Ocean is too bad actually Aysa, but Strawberry?
I bet she's ever so glad you didn't!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top