Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2016, 02:12 PM

Re: The Honeymoon

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
First two days spent in Paris followed by two days in Madrid then down to Marbella for two weeks.

Very romantic and so out of character......for me.

Had a lovely time.

Took me about two years to save up for it but worth every penny.
The difference between you and me Tpin, is I have been married 45 and a half years. Things were different.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2016, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
The difference between you and me Tpin, is I have been married 45 and a half years. Things were different.
I think my generation were very lucky with cheaper travel and more easily accessible destinations.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2016, 02:20 PM

I think you are right.
smile
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2016, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I think you are right.
smile
When I say my generation I'm not saying you're an old fogey
x
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2016, 02:49 PM

On our wedding day, over 40 years ago, I didn't know where we were going for our honeymoon, I was just told to pack a case. After the Reception we caught a train to London and were booked into a hotel for the night. The following morning a taxi picked us up and took us to Heathrow airport and only then was I told we were going to Jersey for a week . I had never flown before and had never been out of the country before so it came as a shock ... and a lovely surprise.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2016, 05:13 PM

We lived together for a long long time before marrying so having been lucky enough to have visited some exotic places we decided to spend a few days in Lavenham, Suffolk.

We had a small wedding in the Swan hotel which is a Tudor coaching Inn and spent one night there. We then moved up the road to another Tudor hotel, complete with four poster and had a couple of days there too. It wasn't exotic but something we will never forget. Everything was perfect.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2016, 05:16 PM

remember it well, we went to Tunisia just as the country was opening up to tourism. Customs hall was a huge tin shed and people running out to the plane to try and sell toy camels. This was back in 1972. March temperature around the 100f mark and the underfloor heating still on. Getting from one bed to the other required slippers on the feet. Decide to try local wine, I could swear it came straight out of a camel (pee taste). Local transport from airport to hotel stopped off at every bazzar and unloaded carpets. Going into Souke? market place, stank like hell, and in the middle of the market square a huge pile of clothes with women scrambling over them deciding which they wanted.

Storm out at sea and one lot of beduins stranded from their camels by a river between the two sandhills. The hotel was right on the sea front with private beach, had long drive with orange/lemon trees each side and no building along the coast was allowed to be higher than the tallest tree.

5 days stay for £25 for both of us including flights at a 5* hotel. True Sue worked for a company that had a travel agency as part of the business. As she had done a lot of typing for them in her own time they gave us the holiday, but to keep it legit that is all they wanted us to pay.

Otherwise we would not have had a honeymoon as we had saved desperately for our first house which took all our money.

Question I asked friends of ours who have been married for 50 years "Do you remember how he/she proposed"? they could not remember
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2016, 05:23 PM

Comment removed.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2016, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
First two days spent in Paris followed by two days in Madrid then down to Marbella for two weeks.

Very romantic and so out of character......for me.

Had a lovely time.

Took me about two years to save up for it but worth every penny.

Aha. There you are Tpin. I wondered where you were lately. I thought Twink had got you locked in her cupboard again.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2016, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Aha. There you are Tpin. I wondered where you were lately. I thought Twink had got you locked in her cupboard again.
There's no room. She has several naughty boys in there at the moment. One of them only came to fix the telephone line.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top