Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2016, 11:02 PM

Re: camping is not for me

Oh susan, poor you. Never mind, at least you gave it a try.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2016, 11:18 PM

When the children were a lot younger we'd camp about 3 or 4 times a year (as well as a "big" holiday too)
It was great at the time ..we got so much out of those holidays
But there's nothing like a bit of lumbar support to make one feel alive is there?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2016, 11:42 PM

We've been camping a few times, which we've enjoyed. However, the one thing that I never really liked was the need to put some clothes on, find the torch, and go for a trek - probably in the rain - at night when I wanted to pee.

When I was a young lad, things were different. For one thing, we would always get drunk before going back to the tent. That, of course, added to the fun because in a drunken stupor it isn't always too easy to find your own tent. In those days we didn't bother about finding the 'facilities' either, assuming there were any. Any bush, tree, wall or car would do.

One of my favourite games was to sneak out after we all went to bed and attach a length of string to the peg holding a guy rope on one of the other lads' tent, sneak back, turn off any lights in the tent and quickly reel in the string and the tent peg. No sign of who'd done it, no tell-tale string and no tent peg for the unfortunate victim to re-erect his tent.

Ah, happy days.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2016, 12:41 AM

What jolly fun, with friends like you who needs enemies.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2016, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by tessa ->
i'd have trouble getting up off the floor!
I don't even have to go camping, i woke up face down on my bedroom floor at 3 am this morning!
It seems that even after 3 years i forget that i downsized to a single bed!
Got two bruises too!
drink.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2016, 07:21 AM

Now look Nom, you know I'm tea total!
Could be medication though or my centre of gravity has got lower!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2016, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Now look Nom, you know I'm tea total!
Could be medication though or my centre of gravity has got lower!
Lack of drink then.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2016, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Invited by the kids and 2 grandaughters to go to Brixham in their T5 camper van with awning for few days last week . Helping put up the awning took hours even then it had flappy bits and did not fully attach to the side of the van which let in mosquitos who just love my blood ....
Eh? that's not camping. Surely camping involves a tent not a mobile home or a caravan?

I sympathise in a way because I always used to carry a tent with me for those rare occasions that I can't get a motel room or was too far from a town. However I have decided that at nearly 70 it is time for me to go up market and buy a teardrop trailer. I view it as camping in style.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2016, 08:27 AM

No need to get dressed and go trekking for a loo a bucket with a lid does the trick, just don't do what I did got up really cold so shuffled to the bucket with blanket around me got caught up as I tried to sort out getting into position, leg trapped in pyjamas hopped to the side hoping to stay upright...... Crashed through tent wall into the bushes behind the tent, absolutely no help from my husband as he couldn't stop laughing and the dogs thought I was in need of a face lick so were holding me down finding if all great fun.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2016, 08:30 AM

Glad you all enjoyed my experience from last weekend , it's funny how 3 nights can feel like 7 when out of my comfort zone . Of course I expect kids will invite me again and how could I say no , at this time in my life I say YES to everything . I think I'll take a bucket with me next time though !

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top