Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 09:39 AM

Re: Good Morning Sunday

Morning all.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 09:43 AM

Good morning everyone, cloud starting to break here and feeling pretty warm already.

Just a few odd jobs to do this morning then a leisurely afternoon in a deckchair with a book beckons methinks.

Smashing picture and lovely tale Mups.

Enjoy your Sunday folks.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 10:15 AM

Good Morning Each,I'm not mentioning the bleeding weather here ...Have a good Sunday All and don't do anything I wouldn't do
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 10:26 AM

buenas dias all. Hot and sunny, no cloud around today. No particular plans for today, I will probably go down to the boulevard and have a walk round later this afternoon. Lovely picture Mups, did you keep the kittens?
Have a pleasant day all.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 10:28 AM

Good morning, very cloudy and muggy here.
Feeling cross this morning, while I was out with my dog a lovely lady that gave me some barrel hoops for my garden "sculpture" called out to me, the beautiful cottage her and her husband live in was flooded recently, they had to move out for six months. There is a skip in their garden containing furniture and people had been in there helping themselves!
She asked me to keep an eye out when I'm about, the furniture belongs to to insurance people now so needs to be accounted for.
Flipping people! Fancy going into someone's property in broad daylight and nicking they're stuff!
Poor couple also had someone run into their car too!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
buenas dias all. Hot and sunny, no cloud around today. No particular plans for today, I will probably go down to the boulevard and have a walk round later this afternoon. Lovely picture Mups, did you keep the kittens?
Have a pleasant day all.

Thanks clumsy.
There were 4 kittens in a bag in a skip. I happened to be going past as the lorry driver was picking the skip up. I knew him anyway, so he beckoned me over and said he'd seen the bag moving and investigated and found the kittens still alive.
He couldn't take them himself, and asked me if I could, so I did. They were very tiny and not weaned at the time, so I used to feed them my goats milk with a syringe. I'd feed one, then pass it over to Ben while I fed the next one. He would wash them, make them wee, then clean them again. He was brilliant and so gentle with them.

In answer to your question, no I only kept them for a couple of months or so, I just wanted to get them home, fed and warm but it was then I realised how young they were.
I couldn't let them go to homes until they were older and fully weaned. I think they were 2 or 3 months old when I finally found them good homes.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 12:22 PM

Mups you have made me so jealous! My very favourite breed of dog and beautiful tiny kittens all living together happily. Your photo has just made my day.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2016, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Thanks clumsy.
There were 4 kittens in a bag in a skip. I happened to be going past as the lorry driver was picking the skip up. I knew him anyway, so he beckoned me over and said he'd seen the bag moving and investigated and found the kittens still alive.
He couldn't take them himself, and asked me if I could, so I did. They were very tiny and not weaned at the time, so I used to feed them my goats milk with a syringe. I'd feed one, then pass it over to Ben while I fed the next one. He would wash them, make them wee, then clean them again. He was brilliant and so gentle with them.

In answer to your question, no I only kept them for a couple of months or so, I just wanted to get them home, fed and warm but it was then I realised how young they were.
I couldn't let them go to homes until they were older and fully weaned. I think they were 2 or 3 months old when I finally found them good homes.
Well done to you and Ben Mups. Earlier this week I went to the Little Pod charity shop, the two ladies working in there, and the daughter of one of the ladies, were busy using droppers to feed 3 tiny newborn kittens that had been left in a cardboard box outside the shop door. They had asked other people who have shops and cafes nearby if they had seen anyone dump them, but nobody had. No doubt they were dumped before the shops and cafes opened. I guess abandoned animals will forever be a problem, although how people can do it I donīt know.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top