Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2016, 01:42 PM

Re: Another racist killer cop.

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Why are you shocked Julie?
Because I get shocked when anyone says things like that, forgetting the numbers of innocent people have been killed by police and just saying shot to kill is fine.

Thankfully we do have trial by jury and that is not how most people think.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2016, 01:46 PM

He was an armed robber. He could have shot the store owner or any other innocent person who got in the way. luckily he was apprehended before that happened. Who knows what he might have done in the future? Isn't it better to wipe these scumbags out?
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2016, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
In no way saying what they did was right but in situations like this someone resisting arrest and someone else yelling he had a gun etc I really don't know what we expect from police armed with guns.

It's why I am so against arming our police, it is too easy to pull that trigger if you are panicked.
Quite right Julie.
The New Orleans district post Katrina is a very violent place indeed, Baton Rouge not too far away with a predominantly black population is just as violent with organised crime, prostitution, thugs robbers, and every form of law breaking.
Everyone owns and carries a gun and the police are outnumbered and under continual pressure.
They were called into this situation after calls that a man was waving a gun around and threatening people.
This is the result....not at all surprising IMO.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2016, 01:49 PM

I can understand it if he were waving the gun or aiming it at police but...AFTER they had wrestled him to the ground?

Sounds more like an execution to me.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2016, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I can understand it if he were waving the gun or aiming it at police but...AFTER they had wrestled him to the ground?

Sounds more like an execution to me.
He was tasered first when he reached into his pocket what were they to do ?
I think it was a spur of the moment reaction in order to protect lives, but that's what happens when everyone carries a firearm.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2016, 02:02 PM

Twice tasered, wrestled to the ground, knelt on by two officers and then shot possibly 5 times.

IMHO they'd subdued the suspect.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK

07-07-2016, 02:07 PM

Twice tasered, wrestled to the ground, knelt on by two officers and then shot possibly 5 times.

IMHO they'd subdued the suspect.
He wasn't a suspect...he was caught in the act carrying a gun, innocents could have been killed.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

07-07-2016, 02:12 PM

Ok, perpetrator.

How can innocent people be hurt when the officers were on top of him.

If these officers truly believed he was a real and immediate threat to themselves or the public they would not have tasered nor wrestled with him.
They'd have taken him out immediately.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2016, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
He was an armed robber. He could have shot the store owner or any other innocent person who got in the way. luckily he was apprehended before that happened. Who knows what he might have done in the future? Isn't it better to wipe these scumbags out?
It sounds like he was apprehended prior to shooting him, but as I said panic seems to be what happened. Can't condone it at all.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

07-07-2016, 02:15 PM

Ok, perpetrator.

How can innocent people be hurt when the officers were on top of him.

If these officers truly believed he was a real and immediate threat to themselves or the public they would not have tasered nor wrestled with him.
They'd have taken him out immediately.
I think it's hard to say unless we were there tpin, I agree with you completely if it was as suggested in the article but a court needs to hear all the details to make a decision IMO.

One thing does worry me though is naming the police, that sounds like throwing them to the wolves.

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top