Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2016, 06:21 PM

Re: What's The Worst Thing Anyone Has Done To You?!

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Because of a disagreement with me over a political issue, a local community group banned my entire family from membership - including my then 90yo mother who was a foundation member, had been a volunteer worker and a substantial donor.
Our only recourse was to the Supreme Court which would have cost tens of thousands.

She had never in her life suffered such an indignity and it affected her deeply.
She died yesterday at 97, still not a member but fortunately, by then, past caring.
Awh Pummy how sad.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2016, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
She married me.

Oh you old sour puss.
It must have been good once, surely.
Anyway, she couldn't have married you without your agreeing to it!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2016, 09:46 PM

Not sure.
2 divorces weren't exactly a bundle of fun and took their toll.
Also my brother not bothering to turn up to Mum's funeral took some beating.

We've probably all had hurts through life, but the important thing, IMO, is to learn from them then move on. Things you allow to fester till they get into your very bones are more dangerous to you in the long run.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2016, 10:19 PM

Not to listen.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2016, 10:41 PM

Because of a disagreement with me over a political issue, a local community group banned my entire family from membership - including my then 90yo mother who was a foundation member, had been a volunteer worker and a substantial donor.
Our only recourse was to the Supreme Court which would have cost tens of thousands.

She had never in her life suffered such an indignity and it affected her deeply.
She died yesterday at 97, still not a member but fortunately, by then, past caring.
I'm so so sorry for your loss Pummie
I know how it feels
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2016, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Not sure.

We've probably all had hurts through life, but the important thing, IMO, is to learn from them then move on. Things you allow to fester are more dangerous to you in the long run.
Yes
What's in the past is in the past

Be better than them. .move on..always
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2016, 10:51 PM

Not saying ... as then I'd have to say what I did back and that would be self-incriminating.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
I ran a forum some years ago as a breakaway forum from one where the mods and a few members were becoming intolerable.
I appointed two mods, a man and a woman....the woman proved to be very difficult to handle and she soon left in a flounce.
After some months of a successful forum, the man made some unfounded accusations against me that were totally wrong and hurtful, I remonstrated and told him that he was wrong and that he was completely mistaken, furthermore I apologised for anything he thought I was guilty of.....it did no good and he left still making accusations against me.
Needless to say the forum soon folded, I just lost interest in it.
That was one of the very worst things that anyone has done to me and hurt me deeply.
Incidentally the man is a member here on this forum and I hope he reads this.
That's only half the story and you know it!

I've got to smile here - the forum folded because you banned everybody who didn't agree with you.

I remember that 'secret' room you created where you went to let rip all the hatred you felt towards another forum owner. I was amazed at all the venom you spouted towards this man. Because I objected to this I got banned too.

If you had treated your members and mods right you might have still had your successful forum and you know it!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Not sure.

We've probably all had hurts through life, but the important thing, IMO, is to learn from them then move on. Things you allow to fester till they get into your very bones are more dangerous to you in the long run.
Wise advice, Mups.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-06-2016, 07:00 AM

Sorry about your Mum, Pummy. I lost mine just 18 month ago, so have a good idea how it feels.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top